Agreed

~ Chapter 10 ~

*Thx for 200 reads, hope to get more votes

- Ava's POV -

I walk into my house, finished with my evening with Asher.

I love the other side of him where he's warm and honest, but for some reason I also like the cocky brunette, even though it's mostly irritating.

Overall, I had an amazing time with him and he did tell me that those people I saw the other day—outside of his house—are his older siblings, visiting.

He also told me that his mom is from Spain, and his dad that passed away is from Spain as well. They lived in Spain, until they had to move here, for some job opportunity.

That kind of explains why some of the words that roll out of his tongue have this accent.

Anyways, I head towards the kitchen to get a snack, when I see my mom arguing with Ryder. Well what's new?

I grab the Cheerios box and lean against the counter, trying to quietly listen to what they're arguing about.

They gave me a couple of glances, but then continued arguing. I munch on the Cheerios, while listening.

" I told you I don't want you hanging out with that boy!!! He's a bad influence on you."
My mom raises her voice on my brother while her arms are crossed.

" There is nothing wrong with him—" Ryder yells back with both hands resting on the island, in front of him.

" I think there is something wrong with ditching classes, Ryder." My mom replies.

" It was only a couple of classes. Give me a break." He sighs loudly.

" You're in your last year, shouldn't you be more serious?" She tilts her head at him.

Ryder just shakes his head, looking down. I wonder who influenced him on ditching class.

" I'm done here, but if this happens again, I will ban you from hanging out with that Cooper kid." She says, with a threatening voice.

I think I know who they're talking about now. After all, Asher did say they're acquaintances.

Ryder scoffs, " Good luck with that."

Giving my brother one last glare, my mom then walks out of the kitchen, frustrated with her son.

There was awkward silence surrounding us. I knew that he knows that I am behind him, but he obviously doesn't want to look back.

I stare at his back, that is covered with a maroon          T-shirt and ripped jeans.

I put the Cheerios down and go to the other side of the island, facing him.

His grayish-blueish eyes wouldn't meet mine. He looks frustrated, but I have no idea how to comfort him, so I just stand there in the silence.

" What are you looking at?" He says with a tight voice, still not daring to meet my eyes.

I stay quiet. " I agree with you." I admit with a low voice.

That's when his eyes meet mine. He raises an eyebrow and crosses his arms, followed by tilting his head, showing me that he needs more information.

" I agree, with you that Asher Cooper isn't the bad person he seems like he is." I say in a lower voice.

" And you know that, how?" He asks.

" Well, I hang out with him sometimes, and he seems very nice." I explain.

He straightens his head. "What? Did you do something with? Because the guy can get any girl to say that he's very nice." His lips turn into a disgusted scowl, but I can see that he hopes I didn't do what he just assumed.