Ryder Grey

~ Chapter 7 ~
* thx for 100+ reads

Enjoy this interesting chapter

It's Monday morning and I'm standing beside my locker waiting for Melissa so we can talk about something, before class starts. Abigail has already left to class.

I get my math books out of my locker and as I was about to close it, it suddenly slams shut; the sound making me jump.

I look beside me at the cause of the loud commotion, and of course, it's the idiot himself staring straight into my eyes.

" Idiot." I mumble. I'm honest 50% of the time.

He holds his hand to his heart pretending like he's hurt, as he screws his face up.

" You hurt me Grey, and you always leave me broken, stranded, in the oblivion of the world." What is this? A play?

I could see some of his friends behind him snickering. Justin fuller, Jace Chavez, including Taylo and Leo, plus some others.

I start glaring at him, wishing he'd leave me alone. After all, he is a jock and it's kind of weird for someone like him to be talking to someone like me, since he's not Leo or Taylor.

Instead of leaving he stares back. Does this boy ever give up?

I start examining him. Today he's his usual, black jeans with a black hoodie and the schools letterman, maroon and white jacket. He wears too much black to be honest. His brunette locks are to the side, in a messy way. While his signature ray bans are tucked into his black hoodie.

I immediately turn my eyes back to his, after my quick observation. His beautiful green eyes are pale, I was kind of disappointed. I wanted to see them twinkling, but lately they haven't been doing their job.

I find him smirking. God he probably thought I was checking him out. I observe people; it's my hobby.

" I need to get to math class, if you'd excuse me." I start walking past him, noting myself to text Melissa later telling her that I couldn't wait for her this morning.

" So you're not going to pick up the pieces of my heart you've left shattered on the ground?" he yells across the hallway, making a scene as I continue walking, then turn around.

Now I notice, lots of eyes were on the idiot and I. He's doing this on purpose. Fine.

" No, Mr.Cooper I'm sure you're able to pick them up yourself, after all your heart shouldn't be that heavy, since you barely have one." I decide to play along somehow.

Now the eyes turn back to him, waiting for Asher's respond.

" I'm shattered Grey!!! I'm shattered!!! How dare you, betray me?" He points, accusingly.

" I dare a lot of things and daring you wouldn't be hard."
I turn around and get to class showing everybody that the show is over.

He's annoyingly weird, yet entertaining that boy. But I don't see myself attracted to him in any different way, just ewno. I have a lot of guy friends, so that falling in love thing doesn't work out for me.

Math was basically me zoning out, not understanding a single thing, as usual. The next classes were quick and now it's lunch.

I start walking to the cafeteria with Abigail and Melissa when all of a sudden Mr. Porter our math teacher stops us, more like me.

" Ava, can I please talk to you." That's wierd. I'm suddenly nervous. Have I been doing that bad, that he needs a private talk with me.

I tell Abigail and Melissa to go, and I take a seat inside Mr. Porter's class.

" I've been meaning to ask you, how are your parents doing?" I start suspecting that this isn't about math. I let out a breath of relief.

" They're fine." I say slowly.

" Good, good. Well, I hope they feel better soon. It's unfortunate that they can't come to the conference on Friday." he says as he fixes his glasses.

I'm confused now. " Mr. Porter my parents are fine, and they will be coming to the conference on Friday. I don't know what you're talking about."

He scrunchs his eyebrows together, probably as confused as I am." But, Ryder told me—" and with that I zone him out.

There may have been something I didn't mention, because to me it's not that important or because it hurts.

There is this guy in my life, and his name is Ryder, Ryder Grey. I see him everyday because we live under the same roof. We have known each other our whole lives, but we started ignoring each other ever since we've become teenagers for some reason. The past has changed him. He's turned into a completely different person because of it and so have I. I guess we drifted apart. He does mean something to me and I mean something to him, but we don't like to show it, we like to keep our distance, and keep the past behind us. We don't even talk to each other. As much as it hurts me knowing that things won't go back to the way they were; happy and peaceful with a good relationship, I don't think about it.

Ryder Grey is my brother.

Everybody knows that but we don't like to talk about our relationship together. Besides it's best not to, since everybody knows what happened.

I'm brought back to reality.
" I'm sorry for wasting your time, Ava." Mr. Porter says and smiles sheepishly.

" Its fine, really." I start heading towards the cafeteria, after hearing Mr. Porter mumble, " That boy."

That boy is my brother.

I get to the cafeteria and eat my lunch quietly, while Melissa and Abigail gossip about the irritating teachers.

I start planning how I'm going to tell my parents, that their son doesn't want them to come to the conference, probably because he doesn't want them to see his grades. He'll hate my guts for telling them, but then again he already does.

But that boy has done so much wrong in life, that it has to come to an end. That boy, who is almost like a stranger to me. I don't know who he is anymore. I'm determined to find out, now.

Hope you enjoyed
Thx for reading
Enjoy <3

~ surviver ~