Bleached hair

~ Chapter 6 ~

- Ava's POV -

I walk out of the house and let the afternoon wind blow my hair since it's down, but then I tie it back up.

I woke up early this Saturday because I'm going to the park to meet up with Melissa, Abigail, Leo, and Taylor.

Leo and Taylor have been part of our friend group since elementary, as well.

Us five get along so well. We like acting like kids when we want to have fun, and we've made a lot of memories together since middle school.

But none of us three girls were going to fall for them like in those cliche books because they are like brothers to us. So, ew.

Anyways, I'm wearing ripped jean shorts and a white t-shirt with adidas sneakers; comfortable and simple, just how I like it. No makeup or dresses for me.

I walk down the steps ready to walk to the park since it's close, but suddenly I feel a presence somewhere around me. I look back and see him sitting down.

Asher is sitting on his porch steps, smoking. He's wearing his regular attire when he's not in school; a hoodie and ripped jeans. His black SnapBack that's backwards is covering his waves and his raybans are covering his eyes.

I guess he felt me staring at him because he looks up. I notice he seems tired.

" Grey." he says with a low voice.

" Hey," I start thinking. " Do you have any plans today?"

" Hmmm, I was going to look for a party in town tonight, but right now my schedule is empty which is really rare." He says with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

I roll my eyes, and hesitantly ask, " Alright brunette, well I'm going to the park to meet up with some friends. Want to come along?" I just offered the school's Jock to come with us, and I barely know him. What is happening to me?

He raises an eyebrow and shrugs. Then after a moment of actually thinking, he drops the cigarette on the floor, followed by stepping on it. He gets up and starts walking towards me, slowly.

" Should I accept this offer or should I look for early Saturday parties." he crosses his arms, pretending to look skeptical.

" If you're not coming, I might as well leave already." I cross my arms mocking him.

" Fine, Grey, I'll come." He finally answers, I smile and start leading the way, right before he says. " But only because you begged me to come."

I roll my eyes and smack him on the shoulder.

--------------------

We've arrived at centennial park. This park is like our main meet up place. We come here when there is good news and when there is bad news. Or we come here just to chill and have fun, which in this case is the reason.

I look around while Asher is beside me, until I spot a group of girls and boys sitting in a circle on the green grass.

" There they are. Come on." We walk over there and when they turn their attention towards me all of their eyes widen—I swear.

Realisation hits me. " Hey guys, I brought Asher with me, since he's next door—if that's fine with you guys?" A moment of silence.