A Beautiful Mess

~ Chapter 38 ~

* Be patient for the Asher and Ava moments coming up in this chapter ;)

" Asher Cooper," Ms. Jones suddenly glares at Asher. "What are integral proteins?"

We're currently in science class, Biology. The funnest period of all...

I'm quite sure Asher wasn't paying attention at all. Simply because the brunette was doodling on his blank open notebook.

Asher is currently slouched and buried into his seat, looking very unprofessional at the moment. He doesn't even bother improving his sitting position, not until our teacher gives him the actual glare.

It takes him a while to answer; first he sits up, then he takes off his snapback and runs a hand through his hair, clears his throat, then he answers. As if this boy has all the time in the world.

" Integral proteins." He repeats, then he bites the tip of the pen until he starts stalling some more. And of course there were already some other students raising their hands to answer, as they were not expecting him to actaully reply.

" Those would be the proteins that function—help in—in—"

" Pay attention next time, Cooper. You're not in grade one anymore, you're in grade twelve. It's about time someone told you." Ms. Jones looks away, shaking her head and picks on another student to answer.

One word. Harsh.

Coincidently, she picks on Carter to answer. Yes, hes in some of my classes now, but I can't bother myself to care about it. Especially not with all the upcoming school work and college prep. Just the school stress in general is enough itself. I promise, I'm not trying to be relatable.

" An integral protein is embedded in the lipid bilayer." He replies effortlessly.

I don't miss Asher rolling his eyes as he clenches his fists. He needs to chill.

—————————

" Aw. Did someone press Asher's get Asher really annoyed button?" Leo teases Asher when I tell him the brunette was day dreaming during class, so Carter answered instead of him, simply because we didn't have a conservation starter. " Alguien es realmente celoso." He continues.

Asher takes Off his ray bans and stares daggers at Leo. " I think someone wants to press Asher's Leo wants to get hurt button." Asher tilts his head at Leo, challenging him to talk back. But, when Leo turns back to his uselessly open textbook the brunette wears his ray bans again, though I miss seeing his sparkling emerald eyes.

The argument doesn't stop there; Leo mumbles his thoughts aloud. " Integral proteins, dude. We've been taking them all week, five times a day. What have you been doing in class this whole time?"

Asher flips him off. " Shut up, por favor. I'm simply not interested in what a human body is made of. We're humans, we're living, do we need to know how and why and when and what no, therefore, why the hell are we—"

" Calm down, por favor." Leo mocks Asher.

Suddenly, Melissa walks onto the field and when she sees us she walks over and takes a seat beside me on the bleachers. I notice her camera hanging on her neck, on top of her white dress; typical Melissa—in a good way.

It's warm outside and Asher is still wearing his hoodie. Unbelievable. Thankfully, I'm wearing jeans shorts and a black adidas T-shirt. The brunette can be contagious, I should be careful or next time I might be wearing black makeup.