Witnessed Pranksters

~ Chapter 11 ~

I close my locker, too tired to care that I was wearing black adidas track pants, with a gray adidas sweater and black adidas sneakers. My brown hair is in it's usual high ponytail.

Yes, I'm that adidas and Nike and not juicy couture girl. I simply have no one to impress, especially on a Tuesday.

" Hey, Ave!!!" Melissa's neat figure and red head appear in front of me. We have a couple of minutes to talk before class starts so we try and use them wisely.

Now, Melissa, is the juicy couture kind of girl. She's wearing this black skirt and a red sweater that makes her red hair pop out even more. With visible light makeup.

My friends and I have all accepted the fact that I'm the adidas kind of girl, thankfully.

" Hey, Mel." I smile tiredly at her. " Where's Abigail?"

" Late, though if I were her, I wouldn't want to be late to Mr. Porter's class." I nod in agreement.

" How about Leo and Taylor?" I ask.

Her eyes widen at my question. " Guess what?" she doesn't even wait for me to say anything and just gets to the point, " Leo and Taylor weren't really friends with the new jock, but now they seem closer to him just because you hang out with him."

My eyes rest on what Melissa is looking at. A bunch of Jocks with white and maroon jackets on, occupying part of the hallway that is basically their territory. I see Leo and Taylor talking with the brunette that's leaning against the locker, with other guys next to him, but I see a familiar blondy standing next to him. They all start laughing at something. It's quite a sight as some of their eyes rinkle.

I observe the boys today. Leo and Taylor both wearing Nike shirts underneath their jackets while the brunette is wearing black jeans and a casual black vans hoodie, underneath the jacket, with the usual converse, and raybans tucked into his shirt, including his backwards SnapBack. Ryder wearing a maroon hoodie with jeans. Yes, his favorite color is maroon, if you haven't noticed.

" Are you done eye-raping them?" Melissa breaks me out of my studying trance.

I roll my eyes, " It's called observing."

" Yeah, sure." she chuckles. "Please god, I don't want to go to science. I'm literally stuck with the nerds." Melissa winces in disgust, as I laugh at her reaction.

The bell rings and I give myself a mental note to stay awake this math period.

" Hope we both survive, bye." I wave to her.

She blows me a kiss and walks away.

I go to my math class and start walking to my seat in the back, where the teacher is least likely to pick me when I'm not paying attention.

I pass by the gossiping girls that have their faces splattered with powder—aka makeup. Those are the cheerleaders or as I call them; the wannabes in front.

I take a seat then see Abigail come into the class in a rush with her floral jacket and jeans outfit. She takes a seat beside me, out of breath.

" Slept in?" I ask her even though I already know the answer.

" It was a good extra 15 minutes." she smiles sheepily.

I chuckle as the bell rang and class starts.

Only 5 minutes into Mr. Porter's explaining, someone comes into the class.

All eyes in the class turn towards the brunette, that walks in casually with his maroon letterman jacket and raybans on, as if he's on time.