Different

~ Chapter 27 ~

*Major editing done

Asher jumps up at his brother's voice as if he's always on an alert system.

" Maybe, I should go." I look at Asher, but he's still not convinced.

" Look, this may not be as good as keeping up with the Kardashian's, but doesn't mean you can leave." His emerald eyes are now convincing enough, so I nod.

He gestures for me to follow him and so I do, out of his room and down the stairs, except I stay standing on the stairs and watch the scene that's about to take place, between the troubled brothers.

My eyes try to realize what I'm looking at and apparently it's Alex, hanging onto Devon's back, while trying to grab the phone in his hands. To be honest, they look like children, but that just leaves Asher confused while staring at them.

" What's happening?" He asks.

" This stupid ass criminal is buying the airplane ticket back—" The raven head falls onto his back, roughly, and I wince at the sound effect. "Again!!!" Alex yells.

Oddly, Asher just rolls his eyes. " Well, you could be the smartass and let him waste his money."

" Then?" Alex looks at Asher unbelievingly.

" Ditch the plane, you idiot." The brunette simply replies.

Alex stares at his brother. " I don't think—"

" Would you shut up for once?" Devon yells at Asher.

The brunette just stands there, obviously, not liking the way his older brother is treating him because now his jaw is clenched.

If anyone wonders why I'm sitting aside, it's because—well, I guess, I'm the backup—maybe.

" You have to ruin EVERYTHING!!!" Devon continues his rant.

Alex looks at his older brother with big eyes from the ground, while Asher forms a neutral face against Devon.

" Blaming me isn't going to do anything." Asher replies as calmly as possible and I'm surprised, at how well he's able to control his temper, unlike his older brother.

Devon just runs a frustrated hand over his face.

" You might have not noticed this, but you are the worst person to make the decisions around here, right now." Devon points out.

" Oh please, get a life." Now Asher starts raising his voice, making my heart involuntarily, beat faster.

" Ok." Alex gets up all of a sudden. " You guys are not doing this right now and in front of me—" He shakes his head. " You, stop." He points at Devon then at Asher. "You, go to your room."

Asher replies with harshly flipping him off and walking out of the door, followed with slamming it.

Alex sighs, disappointed at his attempt to calm things down. I stand up, not really knowing what to do. Then, Alex's helpless eyes meet mine and as much as I'm trying not to feel sorry for him, I'm failing. I can't help it.

I don't know why they're taking him away, but the bond that the two brothers have—the raven head and the brunette—is unbreakable. As cheesy as that sounds, but it's true.

You can notice that just by observing the way they interact with each, even though it may not be visual respect, they have their own way of showing their respect to each other.

I walk to the door, to check on the brunette. When I walk out, I unsurprisingly see him holding a cigarette between his fingers, while on the porch.

I might not know what to say, but I can try. As usual, I cringe when the smoke exits his mouth.

I walk up to him, but his eyes won't meet mine, therefore I slowly grab the cigarette between his fingers and of course, that grabs his attention. His emerald eyes follow as I smash the cancer stick, under my feet.

He still says nothing, then reaches into his pocket for another cigarette, but I stop him with my hand on top of his.

Now, he's looking directly at me and I'm glad I got his attention, but not glad that his eyes are the easiest things to get lost and distracted in.

" I'll help." Are the words that unexpectedly, come out of my mouth.

He continues to stare at me, then suddenly tilts his head. "I told you, you're different." He half-smiles and I shrug.

—————————

I lay down, tired from today's drama. The sun has finally set, informing the world that it's almost time to shut down.

I was about to grab my sketchbook, when all of a sudden the doorbell keeps ringing. Over and over and over again. I guess nobody in the house realizes that that sound is a sign you should open the door, so I have to get it myself.

I walk downstairs with my very fancy attire; shorts and a plain T-shirt.

When I open the door, I'm actually not surprised to see him.

" Brunette." I tilt my head as I greet him.

" Grey." He greets me back and I notice his hands seem to be fidgeting more than usual; he's nervous.

" What's up?" I ask slowly, while feeling the curiosity increase within me.

His eyes don't leave mine, as usual, and they're alert. They make my heart beat too fast, at the same time. While I get a feeling, something isn't right because he doesn't look ok, for the first time in forever.

He finally speaks after the moment of silence. " You said you'd help me, right?"

" Yes. Both, you and the raven head. Why?" I ask.

" Then, right now, would be the perfect timing to put effort into that." He runs a hand through his hair for about the third time, while he's standing there, like he's anxious.

I feel my mouth go dry, all of a sudden. " What happened? Where's Alex?"

Thx for reading
Hope you liked the drama ;)
Enjoy <3

~ surviver ~