Special

~ Chapter 19 ~

*Major editing done

I walk back home, thanking god that we don't have any homework this Thursday. I told Melissa to come over and Abigail said she had a shift come up today, but still no sign of Asher. Justin said he'll check on him after school, so I guess that's good.

I walk into the house, remembering that it's only me and Ryder for the following week.

Just great, I think.

I walk into the kitchen and grab water. Suddenly, the doorbell rings. It's probably Melissa. I open it for her and head to the living room. She walks in with her camera in her hand, as always.

" You don't have to ring the door bell. No parents home, remember?"

" Oh right," she takes a seat next to me, with her white skirt and flannel " You're lucky you get some freedom, for a while at least." I shrug agreeing with her. " It's only the two of us and no parents. What shall we do." She questions.

" And a blond headed Ryder." I correct her. She nods her head, almost forgetting I had a brother.

" Will it be binge watching the vampire diaries or riverdale today?" She asks me.

Before I can answer, my phone buzzes. I pick it up to see who it is and it's someone I didn't expect.

Brunette 🙄🕶: I have to admit you were quite the help today, Grey.

I raise an eyebrow, confused to what he's indirectly telling me. Melissa's phone buzzes as well and she checks it.

Me: Your welcome 😊

Brunette 🙄🕶: u changed my contact name didn't u...

Me: Why would I leave it at Mr. Attractive if that's just a pure lie? 🤨

Brunette 🙄🕶: You...

I look at Melissa, to see her giggling like a little girl at her phone, with blushed cheeks as she continues texting god knows who.

" Get the vampire diaries ready, would you?" I nudge her with my shoulder, failing to grab her attention.

" Alright." She mumbles and I roll my eyes.

Me: Anyways, are you ok?

Brunette 🙄🕶: Mentally: no. Physically: not at all, but as long as I kicked his ass then I'm mucho bueno.

Me: Lower your ego plz. Why you're physically not ok, I get. But why ru mentally not ok?

Brunette 🙄🕶: Goldilocks over here is being annoying af 😒

I immediately know who he's talking about.

Me: Can't you just let him be the good friend he's trying to be and let him check up on you? 🙄

Brunette 🙄🕶: Check up on me, my ass. The guy is singing, do you know what that's doing to my ears...

A soft laugh escapes my lips, remembering how bad Justin's singing voice is. I peek at Melissa's phone and see the name Jace.C on the top, but she quickly pulls it away from my sight. I laugh at her reaction.

" Someone's got a celebrity crush." I say with a teasing tone, knowing too well that Melissa is into this dude.

" Ave," She looks like she's about to protest, but she has nothing to say except " I'm just texting him." her cheeks still crimson.