Ms. I'm-too-sophisticated

~ Chapter 29 ~

*Major editing done

" Jerk alert." Melissa whispers as we pass by Abigail in the hallway.

I roll my eyes, mostly at the sight of Charlotte hogging the spotlight at the center of their perfect little circle with only half of her body covered up. Disgusting.

" And that my friend is why I'm thankful, that I have you in my life." I inform Melissa, proudly.

Melissa smiles at my words. "You can trust me; anytime, anyplace." She informs me back.

" I know." I smile back, truly thankful that God gave me a Melissa in my life.

" Grey and redhead." His voice rings through my ears and I turn to it, curious to what he has to say. Although, last I heard it was this morning.

" Do you have the ability," Melissa starts talking slowly as if to a child, " to call people by their given. Birth. Name?"

Asher squints his pale emerald eyes, thinking. " Last time I tried—no."

Melissa and I roll our eyes in unison. I guess he's going neutral again with his feelings because it's as if nothing happened yesterday. But, I know him too well to think that he's not at all affected by his brother's absence. I know and I can see; his eyes are once again, a pale green.

" Ugh, look who's deciding to stare in our direction. I'm officially grossed out." Melissa puts a fake sick face on and that's when I notice Charlotte, looking like an idiot, at Asher.

" Uhhh, Mr. Attention seeker, someone's expecting you." I nudge Asher and when he notices her waving at him, he maintains a blank expression.

" Since, when was I supposed to give attention to the Regina George Doppelganger?" He questions, as if actually clueless.

" Since the day you walked in here." I answer him sincerely. He shoots me a sarcastic smile and I acknowledge it by replying with a similar one.

" The school day is over. Why are you guys standing in the middle of the hallway like loners?" Asher tilts his head at us.

" Maybe because we're waiting for you to start walking to your car, so we can meet up with Leo and Taylor." I answer.

" And Justin." He adds. " They finished their classes early today and decided to go someplace fun." He smirks teasingly. " Follow me."

I shrug and follow him, while Melissa walks beside me.

" So, you actually trust him now?" She looks at me, confused at how easily I decided to follow him.

I shrug, almost confused with myself as well. " At this point I just let my feet drag me to wherever he tells me to go. I don't even know if it's about trust anymore, really." I admit aloud, " Because in the end and either way, whatever stupid thing he makes you do will be history, you know?" Those words exit my mouth way too fast, without me even thinking. Now, that scares me.

Melissa continues giving me a weird look as we exit the school. " No, Ave, I don't know."

" You know I can hear you guys, right?" The brunette sends me a glance and I shrug once again. " The stupid things you do—because of me, that will be history soon—will be one of the best memories you make and later on you'll thank me."

" For some reason, I don't doubt that." I admit aloud again, and it obviously satisfies Asher because a small smile forms on to his lips and stays there till we get to his car.

I wasn't lying though. I think that the crazy things he's going to make us do this year—our last year—will be one of the most memorable and unforgettable memories to take place in my head. Simply because of his daring personality.