The Athletic Musician Dude

~ Chapter 8 ~

Monday seemed to drag by really fast. I finished my last two classes immediately; health and social studies. I noticed there was an empty chair in both, which meant someone was missing, but I didn't really mind it any attention.

Melissa and Abigail already left school, and I headed towards my bike, beside the parking lot. Honestly this bike is starting to get quite old, as much as it looks new but the tires are getting weak. I peddle off to my house.

As I get there I see Ryder's white BMW parked, which means he's home already. And surprisingly, I also see my Dad's car, which means my parents are home early, since they have the same job.

I walk in and hear talking from the kitchen, but I decide to go upstairs and change into comfortable clothes first. Then, I go downstairs and deliver my parents the wonderful news.

Afterwards, I head towards the kitchen and see my mom and dad sitting together with cups of coffee in their hands.

I greet them, then take a seat across from them, on the island.

My parents—like me, don't have a strong relationship with Ryder. They talk with him but only when needed, and he's always in his room.

" Mom, dad, are you free this Friday afternoon?" I ask.

" Yes, why?" My dad asks.

" Well, our school has a parents conference day, for the beginning of the year." I explain. " So, I guess you're coming." I tilt my head, expectantly.

" Thanks for telling us, dear. Because I'm sure your brother wouldn't have." Oh boy is my mom clueless.

Suddenly a blond head comes in. You see my brother got my moms hair and my dads sharp looks—the opposite of me. Which makes pretending like we're not related, a whole lot easier.

He's got straight, side quiffed hair with the same blueish-greyish eyes as me, except his are piercing, with more grey. Not to mention he has a really sharp jaw line, that any boy would be jealous of. Along with an athletic body, since he plays soccer, like me. That's one similarity between us.

Currently, he's wearing an army green T-shirt, with black jeans.

He greets us all with suspicious eye contact, then walks to the fridge and takes one of those monster energy drinks.

" So, Ryder, looks like we'll be meeting up with your teachers on Friday." My dad is the first to speak up.

I can feel him stiffen behind me. He comes and sits beside me. Out of the corner of my eye I can see him glaring daggers at me. I squirm uncomfortably in my seat.

If looks could kill, I would be in my tomb by now.

Ryder clears his throat. "Yeah, I guess so." he says slowly, with a threatening tone.

Then, there's a really awkward silence so I decide to break it.

" I'm going to my room." I walk to my room and sit on my bed with a book in my hand.

Suddenly, I hear my door creak open, instantly my head looks up. It's him. He still looks like he wants to kill me. I didn't do anything, its just a conference.

" Hello?" I try to say in a confident tone.

" Thanks a lot for telling them, nerd." Still callling each other names. Aren't we too old for that?

" Nerd? It's just a conference, what's wrong with you?" I fight back.

" You have no clue. It's better for all of us if you stay glued to those books, instead of screwing into people's business." He argues.

" Yeah, it probably is. " I reply.

" Ok."

" Fine. "

" Fine. " And with that he leaves my room.

That's so Ryder. He tells you something and then he leaves, leaving you clueless with his words.

---------------

I'm woken up by this loud racket. Looks like I fell asleep while reading.

The noise is coming from the room next door.

Ryder.

I open my door ready to go to him and yell at him to stop playing his obnoxiously, loud, electric guitar. But, before I can, my mom beats me to it.

" Ry," my mom has nicknames for almost everyone. " Please tone it down and try not to blow up the house." She says carefully, then walks away.

I'm guessing he put it away, but then I hear another instrument.

You see my brother isn't just an athletic jock dude, but he's also an athletic musician dude. He plays sports and instruments, which he's really good at.

Now he's playing the electric piano. I guess because it's more quiter. His room is big enough to fit some instruments. His room is also half about soccer and half about music, since he has a passion for both.

I immediately recognize the song he's playing. Stole the show by Kygo. It's one of his favourite songs by one of his favourite artists.

I walk over to his room and peak in, his back facing me. I quietly watch his fingers roam over the instrument so smoothly.

Of course it took him years to master this complicated instrument, but now he can play it without stumbling over one mistake.

I watch, amazed, as he comes to the instrumental part of the song.

Sure he's got talent but he's also got problems, and what I've noticed about him is that, whenever he's stressed he relieves it by playing.

I walk downstairs and into the living room when all of sudden, I look outside and see two people coming out of a car parked in front of Asher's house.

One sweet-looking girl that looks quite young, with brunette hair. Then, on the driver's side of the car comes out a greek-god looking man, that seems to be quite young as well with brunette hair.

I wonder who they are, but I think I've already figured it out.

Looks like Asher has some visitors.

Hope you enjoyed
Also hope you got to learn more about Ryder
BTW I'm making Asher have a 15 Year old brother, just so you don't get confused next chapter.
Enjoy <3

~ surviver ~