Jock got Problems

~ Chapter 5 ~

- Asher's POV -

Ava just left and to be honest I had an amazing time with her. She's different from other girls. Other than the fact that she doesn't like washing her face with makeup or anything girly like pink which I'm to totally fine with.

Right now I'm on the couch, scrolling through my phone and I feel really guilty because I lied to Ava.

I told her that my parents sleep early and thats why the house was quite. But the truth is, that my stepdad is upstairs watching TV and my mom is in the hospital. But my siblings are actually not in the house except for Alex who's asleep.

I didn't want to tell her that because I didn't want her to feel sorry for me. I hate it when people say " I'm sorry " or just look at you with big eyes. Like, get a life and stop throwing your pity around.

Anyways, she's in the hospital for a whole week because she was pretty sick, until she fainted. So, now she's sleeping in the hospital and the nurses are looking after her because she's seriously weak. I'm really worried about her.

I hear footsteps coming down the stairs but I don't turn to see who it is, because I know it's Trent. He probably got tired of watching too much television.

" Buy yourself some pizza if you're hungry and don't wake Alex up. I won't take long. Take care. " he says in a rush. I turn around confused, he looks like he's worried and anxious.

" Wait. Where are you going?" He's wearing his jacket now.

He sighs. " I'm going to the hospital. The blood test results for your mom are complete and the docter wanted me to come in so I can know what's wrong with her." I can see that he's really worried so this must be something serious.

" No way you're going alone. I'm coming, wait for me in the car." I run upstairs before he can even respond to me because I need to know what's wrong with my mom as well.

I change to black jeans instead of sweatpants and run a hand through my hair not really caring how it looked at the moment.

I run downstairs, then outside hoping that Trent is still there and thankfully he was.

I guess he knows how much my mom means to me and how much I'm worried about her. As much as he's worried about her.

On our way to the hospital silence fills the car, a weird kind of silence. I guess neither me or him want to say whats on our minds.
Honestly, I hate silence but at this moment I just wanted to arrive at the hospital.

As we pull up I quickly get out of the car and so does Trent. We run inside and to the hallway, where my moms room is.

The reception lady tells us to take a seat and the doctor will be with us in a moment.

We take a seat and I could see Trent's hands visibly shaking, which makes me even more anxious.

The docter was taking a while, and I extremely hate waitinf. It's killing me.

I hate hospitals. It just gives me goosebumps to know that some of the people around me are dying. Plus, you only come here when something is wrong—at least most of the time. You barely come here for good news.

Suddenly, a man—my moms doctor, walks towards us. Trent and I get up maybe a little too fast.

What really got me is that the old mans blue eyes seemed pale and sad. It's that look that I hate.