Sleepy or Drunk?

~ Chapter 17 ~

*Major editing done

I am woken up, by my phones ringtone. I decide to ignore it, but after the person calls me three times, I check to see who it is. Of course, the red head, so I answer it.

" Wake up!!!" Melissa's energetic voice rings into my ears.

" I am now." I groan, too tired for school as I stretch.

" Ava, it's 7:15." She points out.

" What?" I scramble off of my bed, " No way." I check my phone and sure enough she's right. We're supposed to be at school by 7:25, so I have 10 minutes to get ready.

" Just hurry up and you better be here before the bell rings."

" Yeah, yeah, bye!!!" I end the call and get up, mentally cursing myself for sleeping in.

I wash my face, and quickly try to decide what hoodie to wear with black track pants or leggings. It's either adidas, nike, or a classic hoodie. In the end I went with a white nike hoodie with the symbol in the middle, and leggings, followed with black nike sneakers. Again, I have no one to impress on a Wednesday.

I grab my Turquoise Jansport backpack and literally run downstairs, and out the door, right after grabbing a granola bar. Looks like Ryder already left, which means I'll have to walk or run to school unless—I look to my left and see his black BMW still parked outside of his driveway.

Asher still didn't go to school, I would prefer to run there, but I wouldn't make it on time. At the right moment, the brunette walks outside, wearing a black nike hoodie—again—under his maroon and white letterman jacket, converse shoes, a white backwards snapback, and Raybans. He slowly walks to his car as if he isn't already late.

Before he can get in, he notices me and a smirk forms on his lips. For what reason? I don't know.

I want to ask him if he can give me a ride, but I'm too hesitant. Besides, it looks like he figured it out.

" Are you getting in or are you going to walk?" He asks, with a lazy voice and a hint of that spanish accent as he tilts his head, waiting for an answer.

I am definitely not walking. Especially, since there are five minutes left, until the bell rings.

" Does it look like I have a choice?" I sigh and walk over to his car. We both get in, while Asher tries to resist a smile.

He fixes the mirror and starts the car up. As we start moving, his fingers drum againist the wheel.

On the way there, it was quiet, probably since it's the morning. But, I break the silence after seeing Asher yawn for the third time.

" What time did you go to sleep?" I ask.

Asher keeps his attention on the road as he answers my question. " How do you know I even went to sleep?" he replies, with a raised eye-brow.

Obviously, he didn't get any sleep last night, which is just stupid to me. " Why would stay up?"

" I'm a busy man, Grey. Why? Do you care about my health?" he teases me with that smile of his.

I roll my eyes, " No, just don't come crying to me, when you get detention for sleeping in class."

Now he frowns, " We'll see about that." He parks the car. " Now just walk into Mr. porter's class casually, and ignore the looks you'll get."

At first, I didn't know what looks Asher was talking about, but the second I walked into class I was greeted by the nasty and jealous looks of the cheerleaders and Diva stars, just for arriving at the same time as him.