Sleeping Beauty

~ Chapter 22 ~

*Major editing done

After watching the match, Asher and I got into the car and started driving home. The game ended up being a tie; 3-3. Of course, Cristiano got a hatrick.

" Cristiano is an ass." I say and make sure to sound like I mean it.

Asher keeps his eyes on the road and a smirk appears on his face. " You must really hate him if you're swearing, but you have to admit the guy is a god."

" Never. " I reassure him as I fix his SnapBack that I'm still wearing and thankfully it dried from the water.

Right now, Asher's brunette waves are in every direction, yet he still manages to look good. Before I can continue to enjoy the sight, he grabs the snapback and fixes it on his head backwards, not before running a hand through his hair.

When the car starts getting silent, I start getting really tired. Suddenly, I realize that I need my bed and pajamas, urgently.

" Hang on, we're almost there." Asher nudges my shoulder, shaking away some of the sleepiness.

" I'm too tired." I sigh, " I don't understand how you can go through a whole day without sleeping." I turn to face him with weary eyes.

" Neither do I." He says as he turns the steering wheel. I
give him a weird look.

" Anyways, don't sleep or I'm going to end up in a cheesy situation, where I have to carry you to your room—again. Don't get me wrong—I like carrying you, but not while your asleep and not every single day."

My eyes widen, remembering the last incident. " Nope, that's not happening." I shake my head and force myself to stay awake in the little time that's left.

Suddenly, when my eyes start getting droopier and almost shutting all the way from exhaustion, loud music starts playing from the car.

I jump up, gripping on to my seat. The loud music vibrates through my body.

I hear Asher chuckle beside me, " Now, I can be sure you stay awake."

I sigh in annoyance, I think I just had a mini heart attack. "Thanks for scaring me half to death." I make sure to add the extra sarcasm in there.

" Anytime." He plays along as his fingers drum against the wheel, along to the rhythm of the song that seems to be Spanish.

The song is upbeat and has a summer vibe. I actually enjoy it as some of my sleepiness wears off.

" Is this..." I start to recognize the voice, " Luis Fonsi?" I turn to Asher and this time a smile appears on his face.

" How'd you know?" he raises an eyebrow, surprised.

I shrug, " You're not the only one with Latin music knowledge." I say with confidence even though I don't really listen to Spanish music, I just randomly know that from Leo.

" Oh really?" he says with an exaggerated tone, " Then wait till you hear this." He starts changing the song from his phone.

I start tying my hair into a ponytail, since it's hot. I notice Asher throwing me a glance, then continue focusing on the road.

His eyes are now back to their warm emerald green as he puts the next Latin song on, and this time the voice that echoes throughout the car has a deep and all-too-Latin voice. The song has vibrant beats, I like this one as well.

After about ten minutes of rap and Latin music, without Asher noticing, I take his phone and change the song. " It's time for some real music." I mutter and when Asher notices, he allows me to change it and mumbles nerd.