The Most Magical Place on Earth

~ Chapter 34 ~

*Major editing done

I knock, once, twice, thrice, on the brunettes wooden door; no answer, though I notice his black car parked outside.

I turn around, about to head home, when suddenly the door opens, but instead of meeting with the warm emerald eyes I was expecting, I'm instead met with emerald eyes that are too bright. Morgan—I think.

I almost cringe at the resemblance between her and Asher, especially from up close. Both have that similar brunette hair, except Asher's is brighter, of course. But, he has darker emerald eyes, while hers are bright and vibrant with contentment and sweetness.

" Can I help you?" Her all-too-sweet voice rings through my ears.

I unintentionally stand awkwardly for a couple of seconds before answering. "Hi, um, I was just wondering if Asher was here." I try to return the sweet smile she gives me.

She continues smiling when all of a sudden her eyes widen. " You must be Ava." Her smile grows bigger. "Come in."

" Yes, I am." I don't decline her offer, but then again, it's not the first time I enter the Coopers' house.

" Well, I'm sure Asher will be glad to see you. I'm Morgan, it's so nice to meet you." She starts babbling—almost as if she were overwhelmed.

" Thank you." I nod, fiddling with the two papers in my hand.

" He's upstairs." She points and I respond with another thank you before speedwalking up the stairs.

I knock on the wooden door, and wait for a response, while continuing to fidget with the papers and a million questions running through my mind, continuously.

I think about knocking again when suddenly the door opens. I am greeted with a sweaty looking Asher. He's panting, wearing sports attire; a black Nike shirt with sweatpants and running shoes. He was working out.

He makes my jeans shorts and plain Jersey look like nothing, as I shift in them.

" Grey?" He tilts his head, obviously out of breath.

" Asher." I reply.

" What're you—" He takes a deep breath "—doing here?" His chest continues expanding and contracting rapidly.

" What are these?" I put the papers in front of his face.

He smirks, green eyes sparkling. " You found—" A deep breath, " They're—" Another deep breath.

" Oh, catch your breath for god's sake." I roll my eyes, starting to get bored.

" Good idea." He nods and runs a hand through his wild hair, making it look even crazier. " Follow me." He gestures down the stairs and I follow him.

We walk into the kitchen and Asher immediately grabs a cold bottle of water from the fridge. He twists it open and starts devouring it as if it'll vanish any second now.

I watch silently; studying his taut figure.

He finally exhales as he throws the bottle away. "Want a drink?" He asks.

I just shake my head, astonished at how fast he swallowed the bottle up.

" What?" He blinks back at me." Haven't you seen a thirsty guy before?" A smirk immediately appears on his lips and I frown in response.

" Not this thirsty." I mumble sincerely, and his smirk instantly widens.

I try to resist the smile that appears on my lips, but fail.