Chapter 30

After I had found the bathroom and peed I tried looking around for Jack. There was no way in hell I was going back in there.

Jack's mum was impossible.

And I low key felt like crying.

I couldn't stay here any longer. I saw a door at the far end which was closed and I pushed it opened before walking into the room. There was a mirror in front of the bed so I sat on it and faced the mirror.

I stared at my braids for a bit.

Do they look that bad?

I know it can get messy sometimes but was it as bad as Jack's mum made out or was she just a bully.

Just a bully!

I continued looking at myself and tried to see if my weight was really a problem. I know I am not completely slim but I am not too big. My dad is a man of truth if I was that huge he would have told me straight up!

What if he didn't but thinks I am big?

I looked at my thighs to see them slowly getting bigger before my eyes. I guess I can try loose a bit of weight. Maybe I can go gym or something. I bite my lip as I think of this.

I will not change myself for Jack's mum but maybe loosing some weight would help me a bit. I looked through the mirror and saw a reflection in the mirror. The figure stood there holding a brown glass bottle. I turned to it and saw Jack standing there looking wobbly on his feet.

"Hey Michelle! Want some I love sharing!" I got up and walked over to him. His eyes weren't focused and he looked drunk.

He was drunk.

But why? Why would he do this?"

"Jack you are the driver. Couldn't you have kept away from drinking?"

"How could I resist beer," he put the bottle to his mouth and tilted his head back as he downed the content. He pulled the bottle away from his mouth. "All gone."
"Why are you drinking so much?"
"I want to Michelle. I needed a drink." I rolled my eyes as he started pouting. Jack wobbled over and took a seat on his bed. "I have been very bad," he pulled out some papers and shoved them in my hands. "Your eyes only. Do you promise?"
"What are these Jack?"
"Pinky promise," Jack held his Pinky finger towards me and I shook it with my Pinky finger. "I promise Jack." I folded the picture up and stuff it in my small bag. "OK so how are we going-" I looked down and saw Jack asleep on the bed.

Does this mean that I have to stay here over night?

No. Freaking. Way.

I laid Jack on the bed properly before making my way down the stairs and out the open front door. The paparazzi started snapping pictures of me as I left Jack's home alone.

"Where is Jack?

"Have you two broken up already?"

"How have you been?"

I continued walking all the way down the road as the paparazzi continued following me. I knew there wasn't any point in me calling a cab when I didn't know Jack's address or where I was properly so I called one person I hope to never call again.

James.

I only did this because James and Jack knew each other so James would know where he lives.

I had his card from one of my lectures were he slipped it to me. I dialed his number and waited for him to pick up. He picked up on the second ring.

"Hey James it's me Michelle I need your help."

"Michelle nice to hear from you. What help do you need?"

Your funeral plans!

"A lift from Jack's place to the university campus."

"Where are you?"

"At the end of Jack's road. I have paparazzi around me in a big group so you would see me."

"That's alright I will be there in 10 minutes hold on Michelle." I leaned against a brick wall as the paparazzi take up close pictures of me.

"I think her eyes are slightly green," one says.

"Nope, I took a picture of her yesterday. It's brown. Just really light in the sun" another says which makes me scrunch my face in confusion.

"You study my eye colour?"

"Well we need your details so we can make you a page on Wikipedia." My eyes widened at this. I am going to have a page on Wikipedia? I bet it would say in bold writing:

Rose to fame after having a relationship with Jack Lee and earning her famous catch phrase 'go atmosphere'.

I smiled at the stupid thought. "So who are you waiting for?"

"A family friend."

"Where is Jack?" I didn't reply and soon I noticed a red car pulling over near me. I saw James in the driver seat and he signaled for me to get in so I opened the door and got inside.

"Thanks James," he sat still and smirked at me as the paparazzi flashed their cameras.

"You welcome babe," he quickly drove of leaving the paparazzi behind on the spot.

"Don't call me that," I complained as James drives.

"Call you what babe?"

"Yes. We are not and never will be in a relationship," I picked my phone from my lap and clicked the voice record button discreetly.

"I am not your babe James. You are my lecturer." James rolled his eyes as he placed his hand on my lap. I gently pushed his hand away.

"Why do you even like me?" He remained in silence as he concentrated on his driving. I respected this action a lot. That means that he doesn't have any plans of murdering me and himself in a crazy accident. Once we got to the university parking lot James turned the engine off.

"Where are we Michelle?"

"In the university car park. Thanks for the lift James," I attempted to open the car door but James grabbed my arm gently.

"If I knew that the two of us being caught together would get any of us in serious trouble I wouldn't have dropped you here. I would have dropped you away from the university so you can walk back here that way the two of us aren't being seen together." I sat still in my seat as I took this in.

I understood clearly what he was saying. It's legal for a lecture to date a student...

...BUT

I am pretty sure it's illegal to make them do stuff to pass exams and course work. The anger in me started to build up slowly. Jack is trying to make himself look like a innocent man who is just in love.

But he is trouble

I turned to face him with fiery in my eyes.

"Your the one who failed me. Not Jack. You did. So because of your action I don't know if I am going to ever do well," he looked at me quietly as all the emotion drains his face.

"I will continue doing what I am doing until you can see Jack isn't good for you. I would rather you get annoyed and move away from him to get your grades than you stay with him," he ran his fingers through his hair looking a bit frustrated.

"If you don't listen to me Michelle I guarantee in a few months you would either be drunk in my car crying or sober in my car crying," he said as he gave me the warning look. I slowly picked up my hand bag.

"I don't really drink so I will be sober and crying in your car then," I said as I rested my hand on the door handle.

"What does that mean?"

"It means I am staying with Jack," I turned to leave and got out of the car. Just as I was about to close the door I could see James laughing.

He looked psychotic.

"Game on black beauty. Game on."