Chapter 41- (James part 1)

James had insisted that I come over to his place after my exams and today was the day I have my two exams. My first one was in the morning and my second one was right after my first. I opened my bag and took out my water bottle, pens and tissues before leaving my bag in the bag room. I went into my class room and took my seat in the middle.

James was leaning on the desk as everyone took their seats and filled in the front of their exam sheet. I put my pen down once done and made eye contact with with James.

I didn't bother smiling because I only smile at people I like.

James started to give us the boring speech that no one even listens to. Normally, I would listen but how can I?

I didn't even get the chance to go to James house and make him think I want to be his girlfriend and spend the rest of eternity with him! I haven't given in my payment for the grades.

He. Is. Going. To. Fail. My. Exam.

I never got the chance to get him in my trap where he admits it all. I let out a sign as I play with my braids. James still goes on about how we should answer all the questions and read over the answers when we have finished out exams.

When he has finally finished rambling he just stands there staring at us all then his eyes slowly land on me.

"You may start and good luck!" He looks at me as he says this. I can not wait to be the one starring down at him and making him uncomfortable with my eyes.

I open my test paper to see the questions answered lightly in pencil. Without hesitation I start to write over it in pen ink.

There was no time for thinking or wondering. I just have to do what I can.

Wow I didn't have to kiss James and he was already helping me. Surely I can't fail. These are his answers.

I look up and see James still starring at me. I looked away and carried on writing over the words. Once I had completed the exam I looked over the paper to make sure the answers weren't silly or random.

While I was looking through my exam James came straight to me and picked up my exam paper before looking through it. He didn't say anything as he read my paper. People were still doing their exam but once in a while some people would look up at me and James before going back to their exam.

James dropped my test letting it slam roughly onto the table. I grabbed it and quickly went through it again.

When the exam was over James took everyone's paper back before putting it on his desk. He then went and got the second test out and placed it in front of us. When it go to my turn he looked through the pile of exams before giving me one specific one.

I immediately wrote my name and details at the front before waiting to be told. Just like before James started to talk about what we should do during the test which just made me groan.

Not one wants to hear him repeat himself!

Soon we were allowed to start the test. When I turned the page I didn't see the answers written lightly. The questions weren't answered. I looked up at James.

Don't worry James! I actually revised and don't need your help. Even though your help can probably get me graduating today evening.

He just stared at me intently and that's when I noticed about 4 sheets A3 sheet of paper with the words 'TRY TO BE DISCRETE" written in big handwriting on one of the papers.

I looked behind me and to my left and right side to ensure that no one had seen the note. I fold it over and take a brief look at the answers before copying it down. I use my arms to cover my work in case anything is showing and giving me away as a cheater.

Or James victim.

After the exam was over I quickly left the hall and ran out of the building. I didn't want James to try talking to me. I need to plan before I face him this evening but I just can't talk to him now. Certainly not when I haven't started recording.

***

When anyone checks on the news they are probably going to see a picture of me smiling with the caption 'missing'. People would be trying to find me not knowing that I am stuck in his basement fighting for my life while living on a tiny piece of bread.

OK I am over exaggerating but I still couldn't help but feel this way as I stood by the dark road outside the university. James had texted me to meet him here and said that he would pick me up in his car. I wrapped my arms around myself as I saw a flash.

Flash. Flash flash flash. Flash flash flash flash flash.

I didn't mind as it was coming from a distance. I rubbed my arm as a black car stopped near me. The window rolled down and I got a glimpse of a black man in a black jacket which covered up to his neck.

"Are you here to go to James house?" The man asked as he leaned towards the window.

"Uhhh yes but who are you?"

"Non of your business. Now get in the car."

What was his issue? If he wants to act up then I will too.

"No," I said as I folded my arms. His eyes widened as he leaned even more towards me.

"Did you say no?"

"Well duhh," I said in a dull voice. Just then a white car came closer and the black man quickly drove off. The window of the car rolled down and out looked James.

Wait I am confused. I got into the car as James gives me a tired smile.

"I don't understand you," I said as I looked at him.

"How come?"

"You send someone to pick me up and then you come pick me up. Was he just sent to annoy me?"

"What are you talking about? I haven't sent anyone over to you." I froze on my seat as I remember the black driver.

"Don't you have a driver James?"

"I do but he is in France right now as I talk."

"Is he black?" I asked and James shook his head.

Great so I felt like a victim today and could have been one if I got into the man's car.James starts to drive of before saying "let's get out of here!" I smile in response and allowed him to drive me of with him.

I press the record button before leaning back and relaxing.