Chapter 33 (Birthday evening ending)

"Oh come on you know you want to Michelle."

"I just feel like we shouldn't..."

"Do you trust me?" Jack asked as he came closer to me. We had finished our meal and were standing by the lake as we had a serious debate.

"I trust you Jack but I am scared."

"Can you swim?"

"Yes."

"Have you ever done anything like this before?"

"In a swimming pool not a river. I don't think I want to." He let out a sign before he removed his shoes slowly.

"Jack are you really going to do that?"

He started to take of his blazer and unbuttoned his shirt and was standing shirtless in his trousers. He stood by the River as he looked back at me. He looked very fit and I had to stop myself drooling all over because he is shirtless.

"I dare you Jack. Run and then Jump into it the river. Put on a great performance," he turned to fully face me.

"If I do that would you jump in too," I took a closer look at the river before slowly sliding my sliders of.

"Fine. I guess I only get to do something this crazy once in my life,"

"Yes!" Jack shouted as he ran into the river with a big splash. I watched as he slowly resurfaced.

"Come on hop in Michelle!"

But my braids are going to get so wet!

I ignored my stupid but smart thoughts and walked back away from the river. Jack started shouting to me to come over. Just when he hadn't expected it I ran to the river before jumping in with a splash. I started going down quickly, deeper before I slowly started to float to the top. Jack placed his arms around me.

"See that wasn't so bad. Was it Michelle?"

I shook my head as he pressed me against the side and leaned close to me.

Out lips almost touched.

Then he moved back a bit. He pushed my braids back gently and traced my features with his finger.

"Let's get ourselves out of here before we catch a cold." I nodded before turning around and lifting myself up and out of the river. I was drenched and so was Jack but some of his clothes were preserved.

Jack put his shirt on while complaining about how uncomfortable it is.

He put towels and blankets on our seats in car so we aren't making the car too wet. I thought this was a smart idea. I don't think I would have been 100% over the moon knowing that I am the reason his seats look drenched.

We drove in comfortable silence back into the campus parking lot before Jack turned of the engine. He laughed silently to himself as he looked ahead at the wall in front of us.

"Why are you laughing Jack?"

"I just can't believe we jumped into a river." I gave him a goofy smile.

"I guess we can surprise our own selves at times." I rested my hand on the door handle.

"Thank you Jack for everything tonight. Take care when going to your place."

"Goodnight Michelle!"

"Goodnight Jack." I got out of the car before running into my accommodation.

I couldn't believe how soaked I was.