CHAPTER 1 HOME SATURDAY MARCH 23 7:00 PM

I'm home. It was a long way back but I'm home. I went all that way again just to find nothing. No success, just more time wasted. The events of what happened long ago are still scattered, and I can't find a sliver of it. But when? 20 years from now? That's too long to wait. 20 months from now? That's still too far. 20 days? I can't wait all that time just to go look again and find nothing. But I can feel it in my blood, like it's urging me to go back because I know, it's all still there, scattered, and it is waiting to be found.
"Oh, welcome back grandson, I thought you got lost, all those hours you spent out there. You know, kids your age tend to get ambitious, but it is up to us elders to find out why, isn't it?" This was my grandmother's home and it's usually this same sentence, and quite honestly I respond with the same answer each time.
"It depends, sometimes I guess we will let you know, and sometimes we may decide to let you discover it for yourself, for me I won't stop until I find it just a fragment, so in this case it's up to you to guess." She knows what I'm talking about. She was more than likely around when it happened too. Well unlike her, I don't think of this being a what if I will find what I'm looking for, it's a matter of when. How do I know what I'm looking for is important, well maybe if they instructed us about the school here, it probably does not matter, but whatever may have happened may have been the cause of my parents leaving me. "Maybe I'll find it tomorrow, maybe the next day, or the day after. Like I said I don't even care if it's just the smallest piece."
"Heh, you look like you should take some time away from whatever you're doing to just relax a little, putting too much stress on yourself isn't good." She then started laughing like I actually was going to do it with her, but it showed me how serious she takes this.
"Grandma, tell me is this a joke to you? Because if it is, and I can tell then I'll take my leave, goodnight though." Disappointed, I slowly walked into my room and closed the door. I flopped on the bed, thinking to myself, Is there still hope? Will I ever get anywhere? Am I just another kid that lives in these houses plains? Why am I still wasting my time trying to find the history of this place? Are my parents still alive?" Those are questions that make me feel ridiculous. But there is also a part of me that says keep going, every time I think about quitting, it's like my my heart beats 3x faster, and my body heats up, and I take that signal as a yes, to get up again, go outside, and start searching everywhere, going further, digging deeper, getting dirtier. Just to find it. It's there, and tomorrow I will find something. Then my rage decreased and I slowly dazed off.