Chapter 57 - Brewing trouble

Poonam blushed under Devburman's gaze. After Chitra had left her with him. He walked around with her buying whatever took his fancy. She was still intimidated by him.

"Why are you so quiet Poonam?" He asked.

"Nothing" she replied.

"You can say it, I won't bite you." He smirked.

"Your highness it's just that I was missing my parents." She said.

"You want to meet them?"

She nodded.

"l also have a request. If you don't mind I want to get married to Navsarika.My parent's home. I know the princess wants to have a grand wedding here, but I had always dreamed of a small wedding and getting farewell from my home."

"Is that all?"

She nodded.

"Consider it granted. Our wedding date has been fixed for next month. You can stay in Navsarika until then. I will arrange for your travel."

Her face cheered up.

"Thank you, your highness."

"There is just one problem."

She looked concerned.

"I'll miss you." He said simply.

She looked down " I will miss you too your highness."

******

Vikram returned the next day. The negotiations had gone well. Kamakshi and Vikram's wedding date was to be announced once the chief priest analyzed the stars and their birth charts.

So it was fixed that Chitrangada and Poonam would visit Navsarika and stay there until the wedding of Devburman and Poonam. As it was Chitra's first visit after her wedding an escort party which was technically a mini-army arrived from Navsarika.

"I wish I could go with you." Shiv sulked as Chitra looked through an array of items that had to be packed.

"You are most welcome to come along dear husband." She grinned.

"I want to but the northern provinces are in a mess!"

"Why? It was all resolved isn't it?"

"Yes but there are local political issues, we need to appoint new governors. Cleaning up the mess."

"So you would be travelling again?"

"Most probably yes, this time along with Dev bhaiya."

She played with her rings then said.

"You know the northern provinces are very near to Navsarika."

His eyes got a naughty glint and his lips curled into a smile.

"What are you trying to imply wife?"

"You can visit." She winked at him.

He grabbed her waist bringing her close. Their bodies touching.

"Or maybe kidnap you and carry you off to that hunting lodge."

"Why would you need to abduct me? I am your wife."

"Just for the fun." He laughed.

"I wanted to do so many things, which I couldn't."

She was blushing crimson now but there was also a tinge of sadness. She would not be seeing him for more than a month.

"Shiv I will miss you."

"I will miss you too dear. Please take very good care of yourself." He replied hugging her.