𝟒𝟑. 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓

a/n: before you read, i would like to say that i have finished writing this book! from now on, the updates will hopefully be faster. <33

"We got you a present for your hospital discharge!" Tae clapped her hands excitedly as Cara and Aiden made room for themselves in the office room, where she sat.

"It better not be some crap-"

"No, no, it's nothing like that," Tae rolled her eyes. "Anyway, read this."

Cara furrowed her eyebrows in curiosity as she leaned in towards the computer, where Taelyn was pointing.

"Cara's information: Itch Gang headquarters, 22264 Evolone Avenue, the alley next to Yin's Bistro. Plan: go the the restaurant in the morning to look out for any obstacles near the trapdoor..." the redhead's eyes widened as she realized what she was reading.

"Go on," Tae nodded.

"Assumption is that there will be a lot of interference, or else the Itch Gang would not have placed their headquarters in such an easy-to-access area, that is, if the people accessing it have the address. We need to find these interferences so we're ready for them when we actually go there. We go to the actual headquarters later on in the day, or whenever we're ready. We sneak in, drug a thug. He passes out, and then we get information from him about what the Itch Gang knows about the ingredient."

Cara looked up, confused. "Wait-what are we drugging him with? We don't have any drugs!"

"And that's the part where you donate some of the sleeping GHB that the hospital gave you?"

"Oh. Oh!" Cara grinned, her face lighting up as she dashed to her room to grab the bottle of pills.

"I can't believe she didn't comment on the fact that using a prescription drug like GHB to kick someone out is kind of illegal," Aiden said lowly.

"You're just salty because she didn't side on your side with this," Tae fired back.

"It's assault!"

"I know it's assault, but look what those thugs have done to others. If they kick us in jail for 'assaulting' them when we're trying to bring their more disgusting actions to justice, then whoever 'they' is needs mental help. We've been through this, Aiden. If you're not comfortable with drugging the thug, you don't have to be the one doing it."

Aiden traced the inside of his cheek with his tongue. "You have a point." He sighed. "It's just that I...I'm afraid."

"What are you afraid of? We can do the greater good by doing this," she pleaded.

"I know, I know. I know I can't stop you. And besides, it is a good idea."

Taelyn smiled in satisfaction. "There he is."

"We can't use too many, though."

Tae furrowed her brow in confusion. "Of course, we don't need so many, but why are you telling me this?"

"Cara needs those pills to sleep, Taelyn. It's not optional for her. She tells me that she doesn't need them, but I know she does, I can see in the way she says it."

Tae's eyes widened.

Just then, Cara came back, holding the small white bottle filled with her GHB pills. "Got them."

She locked eyes with Aiden, jitters erupting in her stomach as she remembered their small bit of intimacy the previous night. Soon, though, the butterflies were replaced by bitterness as she also remembered what he had said afterwards...

"I'm sorry." he said, head hanging low.

"For what?" she asked, confused.

"I.."

He shook his head, pushing the door next to them as he disappeared back inside.

She sighed. What was he sorry for? Why did he just disappear? Was it something I did? Does he not want to be with me?

"Um, Cara?" Tae's voice snapped her back into reality. "You zoned out."

Cara shook her head, annoyed. "Obviously. Anyway, here are the pills. Um, is it okay if we don't use too much? I-"

"Of course," Tae smiled. "We only need a few at most."

_*_

That afternoon, Tae had her eyebrows furrowed, deeply in thought as she navigated window after window on the computer in the office.

We need proof that Cara's information is true, she thought. Or else this could all be for nothing.

Suddenly, while she was looking through useless article after useless article, the bar of items on the side caught her eye.

FOR MORE CONTENT LIKE THIS:

Do You Want To Get Rid Of Your Dang Itches? Here's How! →

10 Back-Scratchers That Feel Like Heaven →

THE DREADED ITCH GANG'S HEADQUARTERS REVEALED! →

Her eyes widened, immediately clicking on the third option, rolling her eyes as she reckoned it was too good to be true....

The Itch Gang's HEADQUARTERS has been revealed to be at 22264 Evolone Avenue, 35006 Alabama, United States. Source unknown but claims that they are knowledgeable...

Taelyn banged the table with her fist in excitement, her stomach jumping as she read the author's name:

Written by Anonymous Kelly.

Her smile widened. "This is it...! We finally got it."

_*_

Cara screamed. Aiden's jaw dropped. Taelyn grinned.

All were staring at the computer screen in the office.

"I-I can't believe it. Anonymous Kelly finally made another appearance, and just in time...we got confirmation of the address of the headquarters. While it's not entirely the best source in the world, but it's still a source..." Cara paced, heart rate surging.

"That means we can finally do something," Taelyn whispered, not knowing why she was whispering.

"Cara's barely gotten out of the hospital," Aiden frowned.

"Don't," Cara cut him off. "I'm ready to do this whenever you're ready."

"Let's give it a day," Taelyn suggested. "That way, Aiden doesn't go around complaining how you could get hurt." She rolled her eyes and wiggled her eyebrows at him.

"Shut up," Aiden told her.

"What?" asked Cara.

"Nothing."

"Nothing would be about accurate to describe you've been to me all day, for no reason," Cara countered boldly.

"Ooh, tea's spilling," Tae remarked, smirking. "Should I leave you alone, or...?"

"No. Ugh. I'm going to sleep."

"It's only 7:15!" called Tae as Cara walked to the door. "Oop. Guess not..." she added as the redhead disappeared.