𝟏𝟏. 𝐉𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐒

It was Tuesday morning, and Cara was currently choking down her morning Benedryl pill while trying to get dressed at the same time.

Cara hadn't been sleeping well. Sunday night had been too eventful to sleep.

While she slid into her school skirt, Cara heard her roommate stirring from across the room. She ignored her.

I need to get to the courtyard before school starts, and I'm not going to waste any time.

After she was fully dressed, Cara slipped on her pumps and grabbed her schoolbag. Without another second, she was heading towards the courtyard.

"Tiger." she heard a familiar voice from behind me.

A flash of golden whipped around her, and before she knew it, she was being engulfed in a hug.

After Aiden released her, Cara saw him put his phone back into his pocket. After Aiden releases me, I see him put his phone back into his pocket.

"I just called Taelyn," he said, noting her cocked brow.

"What did she want?" said Cara bluntly.

For no reason at all.

"What's up with you?" said Aiden, raising his eyebrow.

Cara cursed under her breath.

What was that for?

"Nothing. Nothing at all. Just antsy is all. So what did you call her for?"

Aiden lingered his gaze on her for a little longer than comfort called for - Cara cursed again - before speaking again.

"She wanted to arrange a meeting. After school today."

"And?"

"We agreed to meet at five PM in her apartment."

"And you agreed to it without telling me?"

"I thought you would agree anyway, since there's nothing wrong with meeting at an apartment at five PM."

"Got it."

There was then a silenced that followed that, if Aiden wasn't Cara's best friend since middle school, would have been extremely awkward.

It was still awkward. Just mildly.

"Cara." Aiden broke the silence. "What's going on?"

Cara averted her gaze, and then looked back up into his eyes firmly. "Nothing."

He dropped it Cara knew him all too well to believe that he had truly let go of it.

"Class starts in ten minutes," said Aiden, his tone silvery. "I'll meet you here after school, okay?"

"Yeah," nodded Cara."See you."

They parted.

Why am I jealous? That's dumb, Cara.