Chapter Sixty-Six

The Apogee of That Who Holds A Precarious Life

I opened my palms, dusts particles glowing in bright hues of gold began to spin around my figure. Distorted images everywhere mixed with the nether energy my bidy was exuding. Whirlwinds of energy appeared like tornadoes dancing through my palms, eventually growing bigger and bigger until I lifted them above. They became huge, spiralling almost out of control that blew the trees away, shook the earth, and created large craters on the ground.

I chuckled, catching blurred views of Dragonbornes either being caught up with the energy whirlpools or thrown away with their wings torn apart. I wrote a law formation on the air, the lines and patterns glowing in pale blue. It didn't take a second more for the formation to take place, forming a large magic circle that floated above the skies of Elydia. The magic circle then evaporated, becoming a transparent layer of glass that surrounded the entire country like a dome.

So much magical energy was let out despite how easy it took me to actually create it. My body may house an immense energy capacity, but because all of that energy is nether, it instead destroys my body from the inside whenever I use my spiritual energy. It's strange though. Even though I knew I shouldn't waste my life like this, that it's dangerous to use any more of my power, it's still addicting. Power always had drawn me in, perhaps because it reminded me how I was I was before all of this.

I stood up, holding my hand out for Erhiel to reach and despite my eyes close, I could sense her walking toward me to grab my hand. I let her lead the way, still sensing her energy movements that kept enemies away. Erhiel will remain powerful as long as I supply her my blood that contains massive enegy power. It's ironic though. She clings to power not knowing that power was the cause of this worldly chaos. She doesn't realize my true identity, and I can only wonder what would she do by then.

It was only several minutes that I felt her hand loosening grip around mine. Then I suddenly heard loud explosions around me, there were also gunshots and loud artilleries moving around that made the ground below slightly tremble. I couldn't hear her words, but I knew she murmuring something. Still, I refused to open my eyes. With so many images, I can already feel blurriness settling in along with that headache.

I sidestepped, sensing something heading my way. I didn't stop dodging, as though everything was going to hit if I won't move. It felt like I was dancing among the heavy gunfires and distant roars. Finally, there was silence. Hearing the silence prompted me to stop, and I did. I could hear Erhiel's heavy breathing in front of me, the scent of blood and the sound of something dripping.

Eyes were created to see. People would often stare at them rather than take in someone's face. Most would remember eyes more than anything else. There are wonders in this world that will bound themselves useless if people aren't capable of seeing them. Mine used to have such a pale shade of blue, as though looking at something so light and peaceful. I used to stare at them whenever I look at the mirror, it would always seem as though I'd drown in them--like I was seeing a part of my soul resurfacing.

But now, as I stare over my reflection, a puddle of clear, red blood beneath my feet, I could barely make out the dull paints of my eyes. They have always been pale, but they seemed to have grown even more paler and bland over the years--so much they would eventually lose their colours. I blinked, then again, and the last. No matter how much I do so, everything would still appear distorted. Images around me swirling like shattered fragments of glass, spinning over the motions of energy.

I forced myself to get used to the new way my eyes see the world, but I had eventually grown tired of having to witness shapes deforming and forming again and again like a window breaking into tiny pieces but would turn back to its previous state. Like watching the world be set in a perpetual motion, a cycle I feel like I wasn't a part of. That was why I began closing my eyes, shutting myself off the blurriness my sight would bring and headaches that my head would feel afterwards.