Chapter Fifteen

Hearts Never Lie

"I won't die." I said it as though it was the most obvious fact in the entire world.

And I don't care if it isn't. I can't just die, not that I'm obsessed with living, I just don't want to die after evrything that I did. Even if it's going to happen soon, I'm not that weak for me to die in the hands of someone I don't even know! But the thing is, what if I know who this person is? Simple, I'll kill them myself first.

Funny how I keep entertaining myself about this. Probabaly, I just feel scared, that kind of fear that I know what will happen but the thought of it happening fills me with anticipation. Who will kill me? Who is this person? And as for what reason? Because I'm evil? A villain? Great! So is this person a hero now?

In the first place, what makes a person judge another as evil and good? I seriously don't understand when they themselves are being a villain toward the ones they are judging. How ugly, this cycle of life. There's no exact definition of 'good' and 'bad' but when they teach children these days they think they're being good when they're doing the exact opposite.

I sighed and calmed myself down. Nakatayo parin si Denaricus sa unahan ko with a questioning look marked on his face. Akala ko hindi ako nagagalit sa kaniya, but after seeing everything that exactly happened in the past, I can't help but be angry for all those irregularities that have been killed mercilessly.

Ginawa nga nila yun para hindi masira ang mundo, at suguro nung mga panahong iyon ay wala na talaga silang magagawa pa. They want yo live that's why they choose to sacrifice innocent people. Life is indeed filled with nothing but twisted ends. Mga inosenteng tao lang siguro ang naniniwala sa halpy ending, they think life is a series of fairy tales and romance where everything go according to their wishes.

If I still have my sanity after seeing all those images, reality isn't one of those fairy tale books where they just pray and sing then boom! There goes the happy ending. Damn them. If life was that easy, billions of people shouldn't be suffering at this moment. In other words, stories like those are meant to plant hope in children because after all, the world wants them to grow up turning all those hopes into despair.

"My visions are never wrong, kid." I let out a heavy breath. It seems he has the ability to foresee the future. And so what? I should just believe him and let that happen?

"Many are afer this life of mine, Denaricus. But I'm alive even until now, and I don't plan on dying. I am more capable than you think."

"I don't care." He shrugged turning his head around. "I'm just stating what I see."

"Were you making me angry on purpose?"

"The energy I feel around you is strange the moment you released it. To release an energy despite having nothing to generate it from, you are indeed a Cursed Blood." He started walking away, slowly at first before he turned his head around. "I may say I don't care but, to see someone with such potential wither away just because of some twisted fate, I'd rather force you to just stay in this world with so much future than going back there and face a cruel reality." I smirked mockingly.

"Really now?" My face became serious after. "You killed thousands of my race, and you're saying that because you're concerned?"

"You can say that. But you can also say I'm saying that on behalf of that world, it'll end with irregulars in there." He turned away and continued walking. "Cess." Tawag niya kay Cess na kanina pa nakatayo sa may pader sa labas ng dinning room. "Clean this mess up."

Medyo naguilty naman ako sa ginawa ko kaya habang naglilinis si Ces ng sahig gamit ang tinatawag nilang mop, ay tinulungan ko narin siyang iligpit ang mga nabasag. Tahimik lang kami habang nagtra-trabaho, hindi naman siya galit, she's just annoyed dahil mas nadagdagan ang trabaho niya. Kasalanan 'to ni Denaricus, so she shouldn't blame me, but yeah it was partly my fault.