Chapter Twenty-Nine

Until Sunrise

Valir. I heard many talks regarding about this city, but this is the first time I've actually came in contact within the land. Valir is a famous city located in Alberich Empire, the most powerful Empire in this world. I can tell they live up to their title from the way guards are rounding up almost everywhere, and I can tell how strong they are. Well, who wouldn't? They've been constantly releasing pure energy as a warning for people not to do something bad.

People are also wearing different types of clothing, any foreigners can tell they value outside appearances more than anything due to the extensive use of jewelries and makeups. Everything feels like they're too shiny, so extravagant that it's hurting my eyes. I grew up in a communty with nothing but simplicity around, so this is pretty much new to me.

In short, I'm saying I'd like to leave as soon as possible.

"What's with that face?" Celeztie asked handing me a cup of jasmine, she knew it'd cheer me up. In the first place, was my dissatisfaction that obvious?

"How long was I intended to wait?" I tried to hide my impatience, but it seems that I failed because she chuckled a bit.

It had been two days since we arrived in Valir, we had quite a trouble looking for an inn—no, they call it 'hotel' here. The currency in money is completely different from Magnus, they don't use actual money here, but bank cards. In those two days, Angela had always been going out as if looking for something—or someone, accompanied by Iyana. It dawned to me that those two are close. As for Andrea, Alaric and Lyn are with her, also going around.

I don't know what's gotten into Angela that she even let the other Exodus people to come with us to Arizole. I dislike the idea of anybody entering that peaceful island, I didn't want it tainted with outside forces. But then again, I am an outsider now. Four years. It has been that long ever since I stepped out of the island.

But why did I leave? Who was I with? There's always this large gap of memories that I feel like I've lost, stolen. And each time I try to remember, there's this dark fog surrounding that memory like a barrier. If I try to break through the barrier, it shoots a huge pain to my head eventually spreading to my body. I didn't want to risk it so I didn't dare do that again.

"I know you're impatient but you rarely show it." She said. "Don't worry, Angela said we're bound to leave tomorrow." That somehow eased me.

Nasa isang café kami ngayon, open ito at tanging transparent ceiling lang ang tumatakip sa ibabaw. Parang nasa isang garden kami kung iisipin dahil maraming mga halaman sa paligid, tsaka ang mga pagkain na nasa menú ay halos lahat gawa sa mga halaman. Isang oras narin kami dito, wala din naman kaming gagawin kaya naisipan naming umikot ng syudad.

"Have you seen Angela somewhere in the future? You seem comfortable around her." Hindi lang namana ko ang nakakapansin nito, halos naman lahat sila ay nakikita na parang mas magkalapit pa sila. It did surprise me because they seem hostile at each other at first but...

"Not at all." She answered, giggling. "She's just easy to get along with." Then she grinned. "Why? Envious?"

I frowned. "Is that how it looks like?"

"You should try a lot harder hiding the fact that you're kind of envious, otherwise everyone will notice." Nakangiti niyang wika. Tumayo siya mula sa kinauupuan niya kaya ganoon din ang ginawa ko.

"Don't make baseless assumptions." I replied as soon as we got out of the shop. Angela did provide us cards, I don't know how she got them though.

"Baseless?" She smirked. "Was it just my imagination when you glared at me earlier nang pinipilit ako ni Angela na sumama? What about last night when it was supposed be Angela and me in one room? And—"