Chapter Twenty-Eight

The World Is Calling

It was as though everything stopped around me. The air suddenly halted, the sands beneath me stayed motionless, and all the rest of the spiritual energy refused to move. Two figures were seen, their feets sank deeper, imprinting footprints that won't ever linger. Their eyes were glued on mine, and I couldn't help but curve my lips. It wasn't a menacing smirk, it was a genuine one and I was so sure they were both aware of it.

Yet along with that smile, there was still that certain hint of excitement and anticipation. How strong have they become? How far have they gotten? Can I beat them? Or can they? Trains of thoughts all at once penetrated my head at the sight of them. Everything surrounding us were caught in silence, there were no noises, just the sound of our panting breaths and hearts racing.

"Keila..." their voices were in sync and I could tell they were taken aback by my sudden appearance.

"Hey." I was aware of how awkward that sounded, but I guess at that exact moment, it didn't really matter.

The surroundings lit up again, the sun beginning to shine through, and the waves are starting to reach our ears. The deprived noises of nature has been returned when I completely erased all traces of dark energy in the whole island. The cool wind swayed our cloaks, and the sands beneath rumbling as the ground slightly shook due to the sudden breeze.

The growing silence was interrupted by a laughter. Her voice still filled with the same determination as I once known her to have, only this time, it seems she's had much confidence along with it. Another one let out a smile, the corner of her eyes twitching, resulting an expression she rarely ever made. As though a painting drawn beautifully on a blank canvas, I could have sworn they were a sight to behold.

"I seriously don't know what to say." Andrea said with an exasperated tone.

"You just interrupted a great battle." Iyana then quickly added.

"As I always once have." It's true though. They would always fight in front of me and I'd always be there to witness or sometimes even break it over.

"I was never a fan of you doing so." Andrea then muttered.

"I know." I slowly replied.

"I've always hated how you never treated me like a rival, how you keep ignoring my feelings." I smiled, bitterly so.

"I know."

"Well if we're up for a confession, then I admit I've always felt so out of place compared to you both." We both looked at Iyana who was crossing her arms, her head looking up high.

With another smile, I answered, "...and why would you?"

"That should have been my line, Iyana. I looked up to you a lot, I've always been challenging you but you never really showed me your real power. Palagi kong iniisip kung kinakaawaan mo lang ba ako."

"Was that how it looked like?" Iyana chuckled lightly. "Pitying you never once crossed my mind, Andrea."

"Liar. Don't lie to me, Iyana."

"Tell me, Keila...was that a lie?" Both of their gazes somehow landed on mine but then we all averted away at some point. "

"Who knows." I shrugged.

"Always the middle one huh?" Andrea started laughing. "Truth to be told, I hate you both. I despise both of your existences. But I can never make myself regret our first meeting. Is that strange?"

"We all at the very least know that." Sabi ni Iyana.

We've all been secretly hating ourselves for feeling insecure, envious, from each other to the point that we began the hating game, then everything just went along from that. We all admired each other and wanted to be like another, but we couldn't...reason why we all drifted apart. Perhaps if one of us had indeed reached out from the very beginning, things wouldn't have became like this.