3- Are you serious?

-----------------------------
Present day

"Tom." I whispered.
"Wh-what?..." Sofia gulped,"...Are you serious?"
"Very." I answered.
"How long?"
"Almost a year and half." I replied.
I was still looking down. Sofia rolled her arms and it seemed like she was deep in thought.
After almost 10 minutes of silence, i asked,"Are you gonna say anything?"
"Why didn't you tell me before?" she asked. I could hear in her voice that she was a bit hurt.
"I-I was nervous. I didn't know what you were gonna say or how you'd react. I didn't want to ruin our friendship."
"And lying to my face is a very good way to keep our friendship? That also for almost 2 years!" she said, raising her voice a little.
"I-I dont know Sof. I was figuring things out myself and besides its not like anything happened between Tom and me." I said, trying to defend myself.
"HE'S MY BROTHER! WE'VE KNOWN EACH OTHER SINCE MIDDLE SCHOOL Y/N! HOW COULD YOU KEEP SUCH A BIG THING FROM ME?" she yelled.
"I'm-i'm sorry okay? I didn't tell you because i knew you'd flip out." I said, my voice breaking a little.
After a period of awkward silence, Sofia said,"I'm sorry, Y/n. I'm really really sorry. I shouldn't have yelled."
Saying this Sofia started sobbing.
"Hey, hey, don't cry. I was stupid for not telling you. I'm sorry." I said, wrapping my arms around her.
We hugged for some time and then decided to head downstairs for lunch.
"Hey, Y/n. I'm actually, really happy that you like Tom. I think you two would make a cute couple. That is, if he feels the same way. And once again I'm sorry." Sofia said with a small smile on her face.
"It's all good and uh- thanks." I replied a bit shyly.
She gave me a side hug and we head downstairs.
Nikki had prepared mac n' cheese, Tom's favourite.
"You girls okay?" she asked as we set up the table.
"Mhmm, yeah." I replied, nodding my head.
"Dimwits, dad come down. Lunch is ready!" Sofia called out.
"Wow looks delicious."
"Mmm I like that smell."
Nikki's dish got various compliments from everyone.
I sat in between Sofia and Tom.
While eating, Tom and I made eye contact a couple of times.
Sofia smirked a little and I glared at her, hinting that her face should shut the fuck up.
After cleaning up, Sofia had a meeting for her book club. So she went there. The twins, Harry and Sam were out with Paddy. Nikki and Dom went to the park for a walk. So there was only me and Tom in the house.
I decided to hang out in Sof's room for some time.
I was reading "It Ends With Us" when i heard a small, soft knock on the door.
It was Tom.

"Hey,you busy?" he asked.
"Uh no not at all. Come in."
He entered the room and sat on the bed, a few meters away from me.
"What's up?" I asked.

Good job not being an awkward dumbass, I thought.

"Um nothing really. I just wanted to come in and catch up. We didn't really get to talk before." he said, rubbing his hand on the back of his neck.
"Oh." was all that came out from my mouth.
"Um- I'll go if you're busy or if I'm annoying you." he said and was about to get up.
I quickly held his hand, hinting that he should stay.
"No. Don't go." I said.
He smiled and nodded.
Tom then went on to tell me about filming and Atlanta.
"So Jacob got super drunk and was about to throw up ON Robert." he said, laughing.
I was laughing my ass out.

This was the first time we'd ever hung out like this, just the two of us. Somehow, this made me have hope for the future. Have hope in US.
Tom's brown curls were so damn hot and the way his eyes lit up when he talked about acting. He loved his job and was amazing at it.
"Uh, I actually have to meet up with Haz so I'll text you later." he said after talking to me for almost 2 hours.
"Oh okay sure. Have fun Tommy!" I said with a grin on my face.
"I will. Bye, love."