25- Anything for you

Y/n's P.O.V

I woke up in the middle of the night, feeling thirsty. The book I was currently reading laid open on the side, my night lamp was still on. I drank some water and looked at the clock.
2:47 a.m.

Tom usually called at around 3 a.m, so I decided to stay up and wait. I started walking around my room which eventually turned to pacing. I was anxious about the speech and talking to Tom would've helped. I took my phone and dialed his number. It kept ringing, nobody picked up.
He's probably working, I thought. I took a deep breathe and tried to go to sleep. But my anxiety was kicking in.

Next morning

My alarm went off at 8:30 a.m. I got up and made my bed and then went on with my daily morning routine. It wasn't until 8:56 a.m, that it finally hit me.
I'm graduating today.

Tom's P.O.V

"Rise and shine sleepy head."
A voice woke me up. It was Sofia.
"Hey. Good morning. " I said, my voice broken.
"Let me guess-Harry?" I asked. She nodded.
"Does Y/n know?" she asked.
"Nope. The plan was to surprise you and her. But now that Harry has done his job as the spoiler-man with you. So I'm hoping that everything goes well and as planned with Y/n." I replied.
"She's really missed you Tom. She'll be thrilled to have you back. Now get ready. The ceremony starts from 10." Sof said and closed the door.
I scrambled out of bed, put my comforter and pillows in place and got ready for the day.

Y/n's P.O.V

I came out of the shower and blow dried my hair. We were supposed to get ready at Sofia's place and then head to school but she texted me in the morning saying that she'd come over to my house. It seemed pretty weird for her to change plans all of a sudden but it's Sof.
I was in my bath-robe, rummaging through my closet, trying to pick an outfit when I heard the door bell ring.
"Y/n, Sofia's here." Mum called out.
"Alright mum."
The girl entered my room, more like barged into my room with her dresses.
"I feel like wearing something white today." she said.
"Well, go for it." I nodded.

We put on our outfits, did some super light make-up and straightened our hair.

(Sofia's dress)

(Y/n's outfit.)

"We look BOMB!" Sofia squealed as I put on some lip gloss.
"Haha I agree." I said.
I tried to distract myself from the fact that I was going to give a whole ass speech in front of so many people and Tom wasn't going to be in the audience, looking at me and giving me thumbs- ups or mouthing 'You got this' whenever I'd feel nervous.
It'll be fine, you got this,  I kept thinking and telling myself.

"Girls, it's time." Dad shouted from downstairs.
I hastily grabbed my notepad where I had kept a draft of my speech and my phone. Before leaving, Sofia and I took a selfie which she later posted on Instagram. It felt kind of weird that Tom hadn't called back but I tried not to think about it.

Sof and I drove to school with my parents and the Hollands drove there in a separate car. I kept taking deep breaths and talking to my parents and Sofia.
It'd be fine, right?

Tom's P.O.V

"Let's go Tommy boy!" Harrison said as he started the car.
My parents, the twins and Paddy were driving to school in our car while Harrison and I decided to drive there in his car.
"Ready mate?" he asked.
"Yep. Totally." I sighed.

We pulled up in front of the building. The ceremony was supposed to be held in the field. Sofia texted me saying that everyone was ready and they'd start in 20 minutes or so.
I got out and Harrison drove to the parking lot. I started walking towards the ground. About 200 chairs were placed all around and a stage was built with a podium on it. I kept walking and spotted Y/n and Sofia talking. My heart skipped a beat when I saw her. She had the gown on and the cap in her hands. As always, she looked incredible.

Sof spotted me but quickly looked back at Y/n. I would be seeing Y/n after almost 5 months and naturally was nervous. Sofia glanced at me once more and I nodded, indicating that I was ready. Well, here goes everything.

Y/n's P.O.V

"Okay, I have a surprise for you." Sofia suddenly said.
"What- What surprise?" I questioned as my eyebrows furrowed.

Sofia didn't say a word. She looked to her side with a smile making me turn my head to see what she was so happy looking at. And it was not a 'what', it was a 'who'.

My breathing started to get rapid as I made eye contact with the boy standing a few meters away from us. It was no one other than Tom. I felt my a huge smile appear on my face. Without wasting another second, I ran towards him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He picked me up and we hugged for what seemed like eternity. He finally put me down and leaned in for a kiss. I felt a tear trickle down my face as we looked at each other.

"Hey, hey why are you crying?" he asked, gently wiping the tear away with his thumb.                        "Noth-Nothing. " I lied.                                                                                                                                                        "I know you Y/n so no point in lying." 
"It-It's just that I-I'm scared. I-I was scared when yo-you didn't call back and when you k-kept cutting off the facetimes. I-I thought that I'd do-done something wrong. And-And now I have to give a-a freaking speech in front of 200, 200 people Tom. I-I've practiced it a million times but I keep stuttering.", I whimpered, "God, you must hate how I've started ranting about everything and it hasn't even been a minute since you've arrived and-"

Tom cut me off by pulling me into a tight hug.
"Relax. Calm down, everything is okay. I'm always here for you, alright?" he softly brushed my hair and kissed my forehead.
I inhaled deeply and closed my eyes.
"Thank you for coming back. I-I really needed this, Tom. I needed you." I mumbled.
"Anything for you, love."