39- Caught up

Tom's P.O.V

Y/n was ignoring me but I couldn't blame her now, could I?
She refused to having lunch or dinner with me and I was feeling a bit down. But I did hurt her yesterday by saying that I had moved on when clearly it was quite the opposite.

I decided to surprise Y/n by showing up at her program. Two more days were left until the final show and I knew that her anxiety was probably giving her a hard time. So the least I could do was be there, to support her.

"Do you want a backstage pass as well?" the lady who was running the counter asked.
I thought for a moment. Did Y/n want to see me backstage before her performance, would I freak her out- distract her? She would see me once she got on stage either way.
"Um uh okay, s-sure."
I had no idea what the fuck i was doing.

Y/n's P.O.V
1 day till the show

"Great job everyone. We'll kill it. Get some rest okay?" Mr Mendoza clapped.
Everybody went out of the room, murmuring with huge grins on their faces.
"Y/n, a minute?" he stopped me.
"Everything okay?" I asked.
"Oh yeah everything's fine, great actually. I just wanted to say that your work, for a freshman, is quite advanced and impressive. Did you take coaching classes before?"
"Um no, I just learnt playing the piano and guitar. Apart from that, I learnt the other stuff by watching YouTube videos and interacting  with my seniors for advice and all that ." I rubbed the nape of my neck.
"Wow- that-that's brilliant. Now go get some rest and all the very best for tomorrow. Don't let the nerves get to you. " he chuckled.
"Gotcha." I smiled.
-
I took out my psychology notebook and laptop from my bag, writing down the heading and reading through the text, highlighting and noting down important points.
"Heyo!" Ashley greeted.
"Hey, what's up?" I said, still reading.
"Will you tell me what you were up to last night?"
I looked up to see a smirk on her face.
"I was just catchin' up with a friend." I shrugged.
"Who is this friend exactly?"
"Hey Ash, look what I found." I pulled out my hand and opened the fist, "Your nose! It was in my business." I smiled in an annoying manner.
"Whatever, dimwit." she rolled her eyes, "Anyway, you nervous for tomorrow?"
"A bit, yeah." I lied.
I wasn't a bit nervous, I was fucking nervous. My pulse rate increased the moment someone reminded me of the program. What if I embarrassed myself in front of all those people, in front of the dean, my classmates, Mr Mendoza, who was so confident that I'd be brilliant. I couldn't let him down, my family, Sofia. It was stupid to be so anxious over such a minimal matter but I couldn't not think about it.

I snapped myself out of my thoughts and went back to psychology and chatting with Ash.

Tom's P.O.V

I walked out of the studio, towards the car. I had an impromptu interview with GQ and it went pretty well. I got into my car and checked my phone. No new messages. I opened Y/n's contact, playing with my fingers before actually typing out a message.

Me: Hey, big show's tomorrow. All the best x
The message was instantly read and three dots appeared on the screen.
Y/n♡: thanks tom..you should come y'know.
My face lit up, lips curling into a smile.
Me: well good thing i already bought those tickets ;)
Y/n♡: amazing! cant wait✨

I let out a sigh of relief. I couldn't wait either.