43- We didn't kiss

Tom's P.O.V

"I have no clue who got this Sof."
"Well someone did and now you're fucked." she scoffed.
"I should call Y/n."
"Yes please do."
I cut the call and instantly dialed Y/n's number.

"Tom, Tom I have no idea what to do." she said, her voice filled with panic
"Hey hey calm down. Um where are you now?"
"In the ladies room."
"Okay, uh, go back to your dorm, right now. Don't pay attention to anyone or anything, head straight up to your dorm and lock the door."
"Okay, alright."
"Y/n.."
"Yeah?"
"Be safe. I'll be there in a few."
I hung up before she tried to convince me not to go there.

Fucking hell.

Y/n's P.O.V

Tom hung up the call before I could tell him that coming here would cause more damage. I wiped the light tears that were trickling down my cheek and walked out of the stall. I'd never had to deal with this type of attention before in my life and it scared me. It scared me to be in the public eye. It scared me knowing that people could be gossiping about me.
Fame scared me.

I held my notebooks and binder to my chest, my hoodie pulled over and head almost buried in my chest. I walked out of the ladies room and down the hallway, not bothering to look around. But I could feel the eyes on me.
I heard footsteps coming towards me.
Ah fuck.
"Keep walking." the man whispered as he put an arm around me, not touching my body, but protecting me.
"Make way please, nothing to see here." he said to everyone around us.

"Which one's your dorm?" he asked as we made it up to my floor.
"261." I mumbled.
Who was he? And why was he helping me?

"Who are you?" I finally asked.
"Hunter." he paused, "I am a part of security. I was called to help Tom Holland when the pictures leaked but when I called him, he insisted that I come and help you."
"Oh. Th-Thank you Hunter."
"No problem, miss. Mr Holland should be here soon. I'll stay until he arrives."
"Okay, alright." I nodded.

"Does this happen often?" I asked Hunter, handing him the cup of tea.
"Yeah pretty much. It's the norm when you're an A-star celebrity." he chuckled.
"And how many have you worked for?"
"Too many."
"Are all of them as nice as-" I trailed off but Hunter got the last part.
"No. That's the brutal truth. I mean, celebrities these days are pretty genuine and I've worked for some old ones who were quite bitter, so that's that." he shrugged.
"Ah okay."
The rattling doorknob startled both of us. I walked up to the door and unlocked it after getting a nod as a confirmation from Hunter.
"Ashle-" She cut me off by engulfing me into a big hug.
"Oh my god, thank gosh you're okay."
"Yeah I'm okay."
Her eyes drifted to the man sitting on the small couch.
"That's Hunter. Hunter, this is Ashley, my roommate." I introduced them.
"Nice to meet you." they shook hands.

After a while, the doorknob rattled again. This time it was Tom. His actions and words were similar to Ashley's, which I thought was a little funny.
"I see you've already met Hunter." he nodded.
"Yeah. Nobody saw you coming here did they?" I asked.
"I think some did, but does it matter now?"
"Nope."

"So do you guys wanna explain 'cause I'm super lost." Ashley said once we all settled down. Hunter was gone but he told us to call him if anything happened.
"You or me?" Tom's eyes widened.
"I think me." I cleared my throat, " So, my best friend is Sofia, Sofia Holland. We've known each other since middle school and our families are extremely close. Tom and I, we- we're- uh..." I looked at Tom who was already staring at me.
"We-" I started again.
"Dated." he blurted out
"Are friends." I said at the same time.
Ashley's eyes widened, her mouth forming an 'O' shape. "We dated but we're friends now." I cheekily smiled.
'So wait, lemme get this straight- you dated Tom Holland, you're best friends with his sister and now you're friends with him. But that doesn't explain why you guys were kissing in Tom's car." she looked extremely confused.
"Oh we weren't kissing, oh no." Tom chuckled and shook his head.
"I was just giving him a goodbye kiss on the cheek." I clarified, "The angle from which the pictures were taken makes it look like we were making out." I shrugged.
"Woah-okay I need a minute to process this." Ashley sighed making me and Tom nod in response.

Tom's P.O.V

I sipped my tea when my phone rang. It was Haz.
"Excuse me." I mumbled and accepted the call.
"Hey."
"Hey. How're you? How's Y/n?" he said
"Yeah we're fine. Haz we weren't actually kissi-"
"Tom I know. I'm used to this mate, it's all good and I know you'd tell me if something happened between the two of you." he cut me off.
"Yep I would. She's scared though."
"Understandable. I mean, you guys were pretty good at keeping your relationship private so it's a huge shock for her. Take my advice mate, just be there for her. I know you'll do it anyway but she needs you, especially right now and you need her too. So just lay low but be close to her, emotionally and uh, this is gonna sound bad but physically too, like stay close to her."
"Yeah gotcha. Thanks Haz, appreciate it." I nodded.
"Yeah no problem mate."
I cut the call and went back into the room.
"Hey." Y/n said.
"Hi. Um, Ashley do you mind giving us a minute?" I awkwardly asked.
"Yeah yeah sure. I'll uh, get some coffee, Y/n you want anything?" Ash asked, clumsily packing her bag.
"Nope I'm good."
"Alright. See you guys, bye!" she rushed out of the room.
"Bye." I waved my hand.

Y/n's P.O.V

"So...?" I drew in a breath.
"How you feeling?" Tom settled down beside me.
"I don't know...what are we supposed to do?"
"Well, um, lay low for a bit. Try to ignore the media and questions related to this topic."
"Oh okay, alright." I looked down.
I felt a warm palm on top of mine, making me look at the boy beside me.
"We'll get through it Y/n. It'll be okay." he pressed my hand reassuringly.
"Mhm yeah." I sighed putting my head on his shoulder.