15- Control

Tom's P.O.V

"I think we should just stay friends."

Y/n's words kept ringing in my ears as mum put on "
'Downtown Abbey' on the TV.

"Tom! TOM!" Sofia called, snapping her fingers.
"Y-ye-yeah."
"D'you want popcorn?" she asked, taking a seat beside me.
"Uh no I'm good. Thanks." I said.
"Tommy, you okay?"

"Have fun Tommy!"

"I'm-I'm okay. I'm fine." I lied.
"I need some air."
Saying this I rushed out of the house. The night was chilly and a light breeze was blowing. I couldn't control my tears anymore. I broke down on the ground.
I cried and cried, letting myself indulge in the pain I was going through.

"And you think I dont know that?" You think I dont know how the media and paparazzi track every step you take? I know it. ALL OF IT! AND YET I DECIDED TO KISS YOU, I DECIDED TO DO IT IN FRONT OF ALL THESE PEOPLE AND IF I GET THE CHANCE, I'LL DO IT AGAIN. BECAUSE FRANKLY, I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE THINK. BUT IF IT DAMAGES YOUR CAREER, YOUR LIFE, I WON'T DO ANYTHING. I'LL BACK OFF. I WILL DO ANYTHING FOR YOU TOM, TO PROTECT YOU BECAUSE THAT IS HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU!"

Y/n, her voice, her words, her touch. She was all I could think about. I was only a few meters away from her house. But I would be insane to go in and talk to her. She was probably going through the same thing, or even worse. Maybe time could heal us. But I wasn't too sure about it.

Y/n's P.O.V

I stared at the wall, messing with the food on my plate. I wasn't hungry.
"Honey, eat your food." mum said as she put her and dad's plates in the dishwasher.
"I'm not hungry." I said, shrugging my shoulders.
"Sweetie, what's wrong?" mum asked sweetly, taking a sip of wine.
"Nothing." I shrugged.
"You're not a good liar Y/n." dad said.
"It's..." I sighed,"...It's honestly nothing. I promise."
"If it's nothing, then why are your eyes red and puffy and your voice so broken?" mum asked.
"Is it something related to last night?" dad sighed.
I couldn't keep it in anymore. My eyes started to fill up with tears, my vision becoming blurry. I buried my head in my hands, sniffling and sobbing.
"Aw honey, come here." my parents said, pulling me in for a tight hug.
Mum softly brushed my hair while dad kissed my head.
"Do you wanna talk about it baby?" mum asked, breaking the hug.
I nodded.

Tom's P.O.V

I buried my head in my hands as I kneeled down on the ground in the backyard, sobbing.
I heard someone running towards me but I didn't care. I also hoped that it would be Y/n. But it wasn't.
"Tom! Tom, are you okay?"
I recognised Harry's voice.
"Mate, what's wrong?" he asked, kneeling down and putting his hand on my shoulder.
"S-she, Harry, Y-Y/n, s-she.." I whimpered.
"She- what?" Harry enquired.

I couldn't bring myself to say it.
But I knew I had to talk to someone about it. If I didn't, I would lose it, for real.