22- Daisies and Countrysides

Tom's P.O.V

Y/n and I had been dating for two months now and I was having the best time of my life with her.
We'd sneak into each other's bedrooms at night and have sleepovers quite often.

For our two month anniversary, I had planned a little getaway for us. I texted Y/n the night before, telling her to be ready by 8 a.m the next morning.

I hoped that she liked the surprise.

Y/n's P.O.V

I woke up at 7:21 a.m. It was our two month anniversary and Tom had a surprise planned for us.
It was a pleasant day in the month of April. The sunlight entered my room through the white blinds. It was a perfect spring day and spending it outdoors didn't seem like a bad idea at all.

I put on a spaghetti strapped long navy blue dress designed with some pretty daisies and a baby blue coloured cardigan.

(the outfit. changing it to your preferences is always an option)

I slipped on my black converse and made my way on to the main street that connected the Holland's and our houses. I saw Tom unlocking his car door. He turned around to see me and instantly his eyes widened.

"What?" I laughed.
"N-Nothing, love. It's just that nobody has the right to look that beautiful." he said, pulling me in for a kiss. I laughed, feeling a blush creep onto my face. Tom really knew how to hype me up.
"Happy Two Months, darling." he said.
"Happy Two Months." I grinned.
Tom held open the door of the passenger seat for me. He then quickly ran over to the other side and got into the car.
"So where are we exactly going?" I asked him, narrowing my eyes.
"You'll see." he smirked.

Tom put on "Cigarettes After Sex" on the radio and we sang along to the songs.
After 40 minutes of driving, we were out of the city and now in, what seemed like the countryside. The sun softly kissed my skin, making my face feel comfortably warm. The meadows looked gorgeous, covered in blooming grass wildflowers. It seemed as if the fields were straight out of storybooks. Beautiful flowers of various colours could be seen all across the land and the water in a nearby lake reflected the sun which made it look like it was sparkling.
I looked over at Tom, who had a big smile on his face. I didn't say anything and just enjoyed the view and drive, simultaneously.
We pulled over after 15 minutes of driving around.
Tom held the door for me as I stepped out of the car.
"Wow. This place, it's- it's magnificent." I sighed.
"It is."

Tom opened the trunk of the car, taking out a picnic basket and a mat.
"Babe, you actually packed a whole meal?" I laughed.
"Couldn't bring my girlfriend to such a wonderful place and let her starve." he shrugged.
We walked into the fields. I laid out the mat and both of us sat down. The weather was a bit colder in the country, so I was glad that I brought the cardigan.
"Let's eat?" Tom asked, opening the basket to reveal all the food he'd packed.
"Did you make this yourself?" I teased him.
"Sof may have helped." he rolled his eyes, making me giggle.

(just an idea of what the picnic looked like)

"Well, thanks for bringing the food. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't starving." I chuckled, taking a sip from the can of grape juice .
"See, I know you, Y/n." Tom said.
"I guess you do, Thomas."
Tom put aside the basket which was in between us and pulled me closer to him. His hand was around my shoulder and my head rested on his.
"Ah, I never wanna leave this place. It's so calm and beautiful." I groaned.
"It is." Tom agreed. I looked up to see his eyes were already on me. I instantly understood what he meant, which spread a smile across my face.
I lifted my head from the crook of his neck and laid my eyes on his face. I took in his sharp features as the sunlight made his hazel eyes appear golden.

Tom's P.O.V

I felt Y/n staring at me. I looked back at her.
"I have something for you." I said, tugging a strand of hair behind her ear.
"There's more?" she asked.
"Just one small little thing."
I took out a box from the pocket of my jacket and opened it to reveal a petite, dainty necklace with a daisy.

"I took out a box from the pocket of my jacket and opened it to reveal a petite, dainty necklace with a daisy

"I know how much you love daisies, so I thought a necklace would be nice." I smiled.
Y/n looked at the necklace and then at me.
"Tommy- oh my god, I love it! It's perfect!" she exclaimed. I sighed in relief.
"Help me put it on?" she asked.
"Of course."
Y/n took her hair and lifted it so that I could lock the clip.
"It's perfect Tom. Thank you, so much."
"Thank you for agreeing to give us a chance." I spoke softly.
"It was the best decision I ever made." she mumbled.
I leaned in to kiss her. She kissed back, playing with my curls as I gently stroked her hair with one hand, pulling her closer to my body with the other. I slid my tongue into her mouth and she was now straddling me.
We were in a deep make out session.

Y/n's P.O.V

After making out with Tom for about 20 minutes, I pulled away, gasping for air. I got off of his lap and we went back to our previous position. We had spent the whole morning and most of the afternoon here and decided that it was time to go home now as it was a long drive back and we wouldn't wanna be too late. We drove back home, watching the sunset, listening to music and talking.
The day was spent so perfectly and absolutely  nothing could ruin it.