17- A little bit yours

Tom's P.O.V

"Honey, the Y/l/ns are coming over tonight. For karaoke night. You're okay with that, right?" mum said, kissing my forehead.
"Yeah. Yeah, I'm okay with that." I shrugged.
"Great." she said.

It had almost been 2 weeks since the whole incident. I was certainly doing better. I tried getting over Y/n, I still am trying, but its not exactly giving me the end result I want. I miss her, her jokes, her smile, her always hanging around here. And now, I was finally going to see her. I was excited, for sure but mostly anxious.
But my sole focus was having a good time.

Y/n's P.O.V

We were invited to the Holland's for dinner and karaoke night. I was really, really tensed about seeing Tom again. I tried moving on but I obviously couldn't. I was too in love to fall out of it. I just prayed that it wouldn't be too awkward.
At around 4:30 p.m, I got ready.
I threw on a pair of ripped jeans and a black long sleeve. I put my hair up in a messy bun. I wanted the outfit to be simple and chic and I had succeeded at doing that.

 I wanted the outfit to be simple and chic and I had succeeded at doing that

(The outfit. Changing it ofc an option)

I wore my black boots and we head out.
We were greeted by Paddy and Natalie. Both of them gave me warm, sympathetic smiles which made me believe that they knew about what had happened. I smiled back, giving them a small hug.

"Ahh Y/n dear, it's so good to see you again." Dom said as he hugged my parents and then hugged me.
"Great to see you too." I smiled.
It felt as if I was home again.
I took a deep breath and went upstairs, hoping not to run in to Tom.
I safely made it to the door of Sofia's room. I opened it, someone pulled it from the other end and as they came out, we bumped into each other. It was Tom.
"Oops." he chuckled awkwardly.
I looked up at him, his eyes making me forget everything else around me. I was swarmed with butterflies. He tucked a strand of loose hair behind my ear.
"H-Hi." I awkwardly attempted to start a conversation.
"Hey." Tom said, without breaking eye contact.
"Um, I-I have to go." he said after a while, stepping out of my way and heading downstairs.

I had really fucked up.

"Hey girl." Sofia said as I closed the door.
"Hey." I said, sitting beside her.
We talked about everything. Tom, school, that night. Natalie joined us as well.It felt really good to have my best friend back. For real.

"Girls, dinner's ready." Nikki called out.
We sat at the dining table. Tom and I were beside each other. Sofia sat on the other side.
"Dig in!"
The dinner was delicious as always. It was like nothing happened with the others, which obviously didn't  but I could sense tension between me and Tom. And I had to talk to him to figure things out.

Tom's P.O.V

I bumped into Y/n, accidentally. I somehow got out of that situation and did not go upstairs for the rest of the night. I was perfectly fine hanging out with Sam, Harry and Paddy. Natalie hung out with the girls. Even though chilling with my brothers wasn't so bad, I would've rather spent those moments with Y/n.
Karaoke wasn't supposed to start until after dinner and Haz decided he'd join us then.

"Are you sure you don't want dinner?" mum asked Haz for the hundredth time.
"I'm sure, Nikki." Haz replied, for the hundredth time.
"I sometimes think she loves Haz more than she loves us." Sam said, laughing.
"You're right, Sammy. I am the son she never had." Haz said with a chuckle.
I rolled my eyes playfully
Everybody settled down on the couch. Paddy and Natalie ended up on the lovesack, cuddling.
"Okay. Hello everyone. Welcome to 'The Karaoke Cave'..." Sofi announced,"...So our first performance will be delivered by..Harrison Osterfield!"
Haz exclaimed and went up to the 'stage'.
"Alrighty, I'll be singing 'Uptown Funk' so, embrace yourselves!"

Time skip to the last performance

"Okay, so everybody except Tom and Y/n have sang." Sofia said, looking at us.
I was sitting on one end of the couch and Y/n on the other. We could barely see each other because of the crowd.
"What do you all say about a duet?" Sof asked, enthusiastically.
The others, including the parents started clamouring. All of them seemed to agree.
I looked at Y/n, who was looking at me.
"Okay okay, alright, calm down. Tom, Y/n do you guys agree to do a duet?" Sofia said, cutting off the all yelling.
Y/n looked at me and nodded.
"We'll do it." I said.
"Great!" Sof exclaimed,"Come on stage."

Y/n's P.O.V

I walked up to the 'stage' nervously. It was not really a stage. The middle part of the living room was referred to as 'stage' during karaoke nights.
But that was not the point.
I was going to sing a song, with Tom.
I could feel my heart thumping as I saw Tom walk up to me.
"What song should we sing?" he mumbled.
"Uh-um, I don't know." I rubbed the back of my neck. All eyes were on us. I could throw up any minute now.
"Do you know the song,'A little bit yours'? By JP Saxe." he asked.
"Yeah I do. Its on my playlist." I replied. I was a bit surprised that Tom knew that song.
"Let's do it then?"
I let out a long sigh.
"Let's do it."

I put on the music and grabbed a mic from the stand. I took two more deep breaths and started:

"You found someone new, before me and you didn't nearly try as hard."
And maybe that's the problem
I don't know how to take it away from you, without giving someone else my heart.

All I do is get over you
And I'm still so bad at it"

"I let myself want you
I let myself try
I let myself fall back into your eyes
I let myself want you, I let myself hope
I let myself feel thing I know that you don't
You're not mine anymore, but I'm still a little bit yours." we sang together.

Tom then sang his part:

"Maybe if I'd said, the right things, it never would've gone this way. But maybe that's the problem 'cause I still kinda think it was upto me, when I never could've made you stay."

He turned towards me, I did the same. We were now facing each other. As we sang the chorus together, I could feel the pain in his voice, how much he could relate to the lyrics. I related to them too. We looked into each other's eyes, just like the day at Jun's. We got closer, and closer.

"I let myself want you
I let myself hope
I let myself feel things I know that you don't.
You're not mine anymore, but I'm still a little bit yours."

Our lips were now inches apart. Our hands played, fingers brushing against one another. I was still looking into his magnificent hazel eyes while he looked into mine.
"Ah, fuck it." I heard Tom whisper and then before I knew it, he kissed me.
I wrapped my arms around his neck while he cupped my cheek. We were not bothered about the fact that we were making out in front of our parents.
Tom kissed me harder, curling his hands around my waist as he pulled me closer.
The music went on and we continued making out until I broke the kiss so that I wouldn't pass out.
I sighed, looking at Tom and then at the room full of people.

Oh boy.