49- Balance

Tom's P.O.V

"We go on in...3, 2..1," Ellen said, pointing at the camera, "Welcome back. You're watching The Ellen DeGeneres Show and we're back with a new guest. Please welcome, the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, international heartthrob, the one and only, Tom Holland!"
The audience clapped and cheered as I walked onto the stage, smiling and waving at everyone.
"Thank you, thank you for having me!" I smiled and hugged Ellen.
My eyes went to the crowd, looking for my girl. I suddenly spotted a girl sitting in the second row, wearing my flannel, my golf cap and a pair of jeans. That girl was my girlfriend.
Y/n.
She gave me a thumbs up and I grinned widely in response.
"How've you been, Tom?" Ellen asked.
"Uh, I've been great. I was in Paris a week back, shooting my new movie so work's been keeping me busy."
"That sounds amazing. How was Paris?"
"It was truly magical. I mean, I've always wanted to go to Paris, so that's one thing. And certain events that took place over there made everything better." I lightly chuckled, quickly glancing at Y/n.
"Can we get the deets on the said events?" she smirked.
"Haha, it was really very personal so I don't think I'll be exactly comfortable sharing it with, what- like ten million and probably more people?" I laughed.
"Yeah, for sure we get it. But could you tell us what exactly happened with you and Y/n Y/l/n, because people were obsessed with you guys, and they still are, to be honest."
I looked at Y/n once again. She seemed very uncomfortable and so was I. She pulled down her cap and looked away.
"Uh, nothing really happened. It was a complete misunderstanding."
"You guys were spotted together after the car pictures as well."
"Well yeah. We are very close but I don't exactly feel very good about talking about us without her presence. This is not just my story, it's our story and we'll open up about it when we both think it's the right time." I sighed.
"Well that seems right."

Y/n's P.O.V

"I hate Ellen." Tom said, furiously.
"It's fine. It was expected, Tom."
"She can't just ask me shit about my personal life. I'm an actor- that's my fucking job, but that doesn't mean I'm going to give her all the fucking details about my private life." he slightly raised his voice.
"Tom...Tom, calm down. Come here." I hugged him tightly, drawing small circles on his back, which I knew calmed him, "It's okay, bub. You were so good today, you handled it so well. I'm very proud of you, y'know." I whispered into his ear.
"I just-I just can't imagine what you must feel like- being in the spotlight for something which wasn't even your fault."
"You have to deal with it as well. You can just handle it better than me, even though it pisses you off." I pulled away and cupped his face, "Every relationship needs balance. You handle the public and I'll handle you." I smiled.
"Ugh, what would I do without you, darling." he groaned and put his head on my shoulder.
"I guess we'll never know."

Author's Note
I know this is a short chapter but i was having a writer's block :P. Anyway, I promise the last one will be better. Love y'all <3