48- This Is It.

Y/n's P.O.V

"Gosh you need to get a life Sofia." I scoffed.
"You're telling me that you're going to a fucking concert with your ex who happens to be my brother, how do you expect me to react?" she laughed.
"Less weirdly." Tom chimed in from behind.
"I really don't like you two."
"We know." Tom and I said at the same time.
"Ooo love is in the air." she smirked.
"You seriously need help. Anyway gotta go, concert starts in an hour."
"Sure. Have fun, but not too much fun, kids."
"You do realize that you're three years younger than me right?" Tom put his arm around my shoulder.
"You're showing PDA when you ain't even dating. That's immature."
"You're just jealous." he stuck his tongue out.
"Both of you are kids. And if you wanna get to the concert, I suggest we leave now." I smiled foolishly at the two.
"Alright. Okay. Bye, you two. Have a great time." Sofia winked before cutting the call.
"Why the wink-"
"Oh you know Sof, doing weird stuff all the time. Let's go yeah?"
"Oh-Okay."

Tom's P.O.V

"Why the wink-"

The wink because Sofia knows that I'll be confessing tonight to the possible love of my life and I'm trying really hard to not fuck this up but I don't think it's working.

"Oh you know Sof, doing weird stuff all the time. Let's go yeah?" I quickly changed the topic.
"Oh-Okay."

~Concert Time~

As we entered the hall, we could hear some soft music being played. People with euphoric make-ups and glow sticks were everywhere. The neon lights made the place look amazing. Y/n quickly grabbed my hand and squeezed it.
"The crowd's crazy." she mumbled.
"I don't mind." I smiled, trying not to blush.

Y/n's P.O.V

My heart tried it's best to not come out of my chest as Tom's arm brushed against mine, our hands interwined.
"Do you want a glow stick?" he asked.
"Yes of course, I'm always in for glow sticks."
"You're such a baby." he pouted.
"Hah I'm so hurt and offended, Thomas." I faked a hurt expression.
"Haha sure. I think they're gonna start now."
"Yeah. I'm so excited. Thank you.. for this." I sighed.
"My pleasure, love." he gave me a heartwarming smile.

I could literally melt at this point.

Tom's P.O.V

"Maybe I'm not all that you thought
And we don't move like we used to do
In the same way
Maybe you're not such a hot rod." Y/n and I sang at the top of our lungs, jumping and dancing.

"This is amazing!" she shouted in my ears.
"I know, it's brilliant!" I continued to dance.

Just then, 'Can I Call You Tonight' started. My heart started to race as I felt a bit sick in my stomach. Or maybe it was butterflies?
Fuck, when I'm with her I feel the whole goddamn zoo.

"There's so much time
For me to speak up, but I keep quiet
I'll complicate the most of the mantra
The power is out and I can't turn the fan on." Y/n sang along.
"Hey you okay?" she paused, taking a few deep breaths.
"I need to tell you something." I looked down.

I was gonna do it. Yep. Do it.

"What's up?"
I let out a deep sigh.
"I lied, when I said that I moved on. I lied to you. And I'm so incredibly sorry for doing that. The moment I saw you again, I knew that I was fucked. I love every single fucking thing about you Y/n, your flaws, your imperfections, literally every thing. And I never want to let you go because this, us, we're in it for the long run. From the moment I saw you in that purple jumper, so shy and quiet, a few weeks after you'd moved in, it wasn't exactly love at first sight or anything, it was more like a sense of familiarity- like 'Oh, hey it's you, it's gonna be you'. And it took me so long to admit that but when I saw you in that golden dress, laughing and eating chocolate cake with my sister- something just happened. It was like all these feelings that had been vent up for years came rushing in. I'd been in love with you for longer than that, Y/n but it was at that exact moment that I realized that you were probably the one. I love you, I always have and I always will."
I finally took a breath.
Wow, I did not expect to say all that.

Y/n's P.O.V

It was as if Tom and I were in an enclosed area and the music could be heard, but it was so muffled. As I heard Tom say all those words, my heart and stomach did weird things, making me feel so very sick.

"I love you,  I always have and I always will." he took a breath and gulped.

I just stood there, like ice. I was speechless, for real. I needed time to process, I thought. That was like the biggest speech ever.
Oh lord.

"Y/n..Y/n say something..." Tom ran his hand through his hair, "Fuck, you're scaring me, Y/n...say something, anyth-"

Before he could finish his statement, I grabbed the collar of his flannel and pulled him in, crashing our lips together. He tasted like beer mixed with strawberries- he tasted like him. I ruffled the hair at the nape of his neck. Tom quickly got the hang of it and made our lips move together in sync and deepened it after a while, parting my lips with his tongue and sliding it in. The kiss was so sweet yet deeply passionate. This was what both of us had been craving for and it was very evident.

This was it.
We were it.

Author's Note:
Omg I think this is the chapter everyone's been waiting for. ahhhh we're almost there! Only two more chapters to go. This has been such an incredible journey and a huge thanks to everyone who has supported this book. But its coming to an end so stay tuned for the last two <3