41- Boundaries

Tom's P.O.V

"You were brilliant! Fucking bloody brilliant!" I handed Y/n the bouquet of flowers.
"Thank you so much. I-I couldn't have done it without you." she shrugged.
"Y/n you coming to the party?" one of her friends asked.
"Uh yeah sure." she replied.

"I'm not actually gonna go you know." she laughed as we exited the auditorium.
"Haha I guessed."
"Tom, thanks for-for dealing with that earlier. I seriously couldn't have gone onstage if not for you."
"Hey, no problem. I always got your back. Now what do you wanna do to celebrate this amazing night?" I smiled.
"Uh takeout? I'm really tired."
"Sure. Wanna go back to the hotel?"
"Sure!"

We got into the car and drove to the hotel. It was almost 9 p.m and the street lights gave out a bright glow to the roads. The weather was unusually warm and I was starting to feel hot in my denim jacket. Y/n's eyes had a glimmer in them as she looked out of the window. I couldn't help but admire her beauty which seemed to be heightened by the surroundings.

-

"Alright, what do you fancy- Thai or Chinese?" I asked as we entered the hotel room.
"How about pizza?"
"Pizza it is." I nodded.
"I'll just go and freshen up real quick."
"Okay!"

Y/n's P.O.V

I closed the bathroom door and looked around. It was huge. I guess it was the right size for the room, which was ginormous.
The clothes I had on were not exactly comfortable so I borrowed one of Tom's t-shirts and joggers. The tee was lose and oversized and it smelt like Tom, making it extra comfy and the pair of joggers fitted my waist perfectly after a bit of adjustment but it was still a bit big.

"I ordered one margherita and one pepperoni with extra ch-" Tom trailed off as I came out of the bathroom.
"You should wear my clothes more often." he giggled, making me return it shyly.
"Shut up, Holland." I teased him.

-

"Oh remember the time mum caught you trying to sneak in at night?" Tom giggled, a pepperoni falling from his slice of pizza.
"Yeah I do and you are clumsy, Thomas." I furrowed my eyebrows.
"Whatvevahh" he stuffed his mouth with pizza making me roll my eyes.

-

"So I'll get going then I guess." I said looking at the clock.
1 a.m.
"No way. You're staying the night." Tom insisted.
"But-"
"No but's Y/n. You're staying here, end of discussion" he sounded serious.
"Okay alright." I gave in.

"I think I have an extra toothbrush inside." Tom rummaged through his pouch, "Ah there it is." he handed it to me.
"Thanks."
I brushed my teeth as quickly as I could, almost falling asleep while doing it, my arm propped up on the counter for balance
"Don't fall asleep here, love."
My eyes slowly fluttered shut but the sound of a belt buckling startled me. My eyes widened as I saw Tom starting to undress in front of me.
"What?" he asked.
I rapidly washed my face, my eyes staying open the entire time.
"Nothin' you haven't seen before, darling." he smirked making me create the weirdest shocked face.
"Couldn't you have done it in the room or maybe waited until I went out?"
"These jeans are really uncomfortable."
Tom was now standing in his boxers. Just the boxers.
"Thomas we aren't dating anymore. You can't undress yourself in front of me whenever you want. Boundaries!" I said.
"Whatever."

What the fuck did he think he was doing-

Tom's P.O.V

Y/n got low-key pissed when I changed my clothes in front of her, although I'm sure that it was just her pretending to be angry at me when really she was a little happy.
Wait- what the fuck is wrong with me.

I mean, friends undress in front of each other all the time- right?
Haz does it as well.
But I haven't dated Haz.

Thoughts such as these distracted me while Y/n kept asking about who would sleep where.
"Tom! Tom!" she yelled.
"Yes."
"You seem very distracted, everything okay?"
"Mhm yeah, how're you feeling?"
"Good. Calm" she paused, " Anyway, I'll take the couch?"
"Oh no not at all. You take the bed. I'll sleep on the couch-"
"But it's kinda small. And you're kinda big?" she said, awkwardly.
"I don't mind." I shook my head, "Or maybe we could um, share the bed?" I hesitantly spoke.
"Um, okay, sure. Sure." she nodded.

Y/n put one of the pillows in the middle and lazily plopped down into the bed, curling up in the warmth of the comforter. I turned off the lights and did the same.

I was extremely worn out so I thought that I'd drift off to sleep the moment I'd retire to bed but of course, that didn't happen. I lay still, staring at the ceiling, one of my arms on the pillow which divided the bed into two sections, just for the night.
I assumed that Y/n was asleep already but I was proved wrong when her hand brushed past mine on the pillow, sending shivers down my spine.
The surroundings were so quite that I could hear my heart beat. This was very unusual since New York was always a busy city and weekends meant that the lights would never die out on the streets and constant honking and drunken strangers, doing the weirdest things would be the norm. But everything felt different.
Everything was different.

Y/n's P.O.V

I knew that sleeping in the same bed with Tom was a bad idea but I went for it anyway. Atleast there was a pillow to mark our boundaries, something Tom clearly didn't care about.

We layed there in silence. It wasn't exactly uncomfortable but both of us had some things to get off our chests.
My cold fingers found their way to Tom's hand, which was warm as always. Our pinkies touched but he didn't pull away.

It was as if our hands were talking for us.
I felt a warm palm on top of mine, sending instant shivers through out my body.
Fuck.

"We-we shouldn't do th-this." he whispered.
"We definitely shouldn't." I whispered back.
But out fingers were still interwined.
"Why are you doing this- you've moved on...right?"
"Have you really moved on?"
"Yes. I realised that we'd be better off as friends." I lied.

I couldn't embarrass myself again.

"That was fast."
"Realisations are usually fast, Tom."
"I've moved on. We are better off as friends."
"Right. So we should set boundaries."
"Of course."

This conversation was followed by a few minutes of silence.

"Can we- can I hold you?" Tom said.
My heart started beating rapidly, my mind not knowing how to react.
But I knew what I wanted.

I threw the pillow off the bed and made my way into Tom's arms, which were already open.
He engulfed me in a hug, our bodies instantly melting together. His warmth filled me with a sense of happiness, something I craved. His scent made me feel safe, at home...as always.
Tom buried his head into the crook of my neck, inhaling my cologne.
"Last night before setting boundaries. Thank you, love." his breath tickled my skin.
I hummed in response as I felt sleep take over me. My mind was at ease and I found comfort in listening to Tom's heartbeats whilst I finally fell asleep.

Last night before setting boundaries.