34- I hope we can be friends.

Tom's P.O.V

It's been 3 weeks since the break-up. I've tried to distract myself by doing various things but it's hard. Y/n has come over a few times but only to hang out with Sofia. Sof was going to UCLA and both of them were leaving in a week.
These past days have kind of been blank. I've been feeling like a zombie but Haz has helped me get through most of it, so I was super grateful to him.

"I'll call you later." I heard Y/n said as she left Sofia's room. She sounded fine, like she hadn't just broken up with her boyfriend a few weeks back. But I tried to make myself feel better by thinking that she was also hurting inside.
Very selfish, I know.
I got up from my desk and opened my door a little. Y/n was going back home. I decided to talk to her and so, followed her downstairs.

Y/n's P.O.V

I'd never been through a break up before, so it was bad. I mean, I did have that small fling with Josh, back in middle school but that was nothing like this.

3 weeks had passed since I'd last talked to Tom. But I still hung out with Sofia and the others. Even though the break up had been a mutual decision, or so I think,  seeing Tom would still be awkward. And besides I was leaving for NYU in a week.

I did have a few more months before having to leave but since Sofia started college in 2 weeks and I would be bored to death without her here, I decided to move into my dorm a bit earlier. This way I could explore the place and maybe make some new friends.

I helped Sofia with some of her college papers. Just some freshman 'get to know me' worksheets. I had to get started on some of my music demos as well, which we'd need for the first day of school. Yes I did have time before I actually had to hand them in but anything to keep myself distracted from Tom.
Tom.

"I'll call you later." I told Sof and got out of her room.
As I walked down the stairs, I heard footsteps behind me.
It was Tom.

He looked the same except that his curls were messed up, instead of being  put together neatly and he was in a hoodie, instead of his normal t-shirt or sweatshirt. He also had dark bags underneath his eyes. Nonetheless, he still looked perfect.
How could he look so perfect even in such a state?
And I liked his curls better when they were messed up anyway.

"Hey." Tom said, his voice cracking.
"Um, hey." I smiled.
"How've you been?" he asked, making his way towards the coffee machine in the kitchen.
"G-Good. Uh, what about you?"
"I've been, uh, hanging on?" he lightly chuckled, "I can say one thing for sure, I don't fancy being single."
"Trust me neither do I." I shook my head.
"Coffee?" he asked.
I nodded and started playing with the ends of my long sleeves.
"You leave in a week- excited?" he enquired.

Tom's P.O.V

The question which I did not want to ask at all because it would hurt me and break my heart even more, was the question I asked to start a conversation.
Fucking idiot.

"You leave in a week- excited?"
Y/n was looking down but hearing this made her head shoot up and her eyes widen.
"Um, um yeah. Su-Super uh, excited!" she fake cheered.
"Great." I mumbled.
I placed a cup of coffee in front of her, taking a sip from mine.
"I'll uh m-miss everyone, you know, Harry, Sam, Paddy, Dom and Nikki, Mum and Dad, uh Natalie and of course S-Sofia..and you." she stuttered.
My face went from having a kind of blank expression to a small grin.
"I'll miss Sofi as well and uh...you too."
I saw Y/n slightly blush and smile.
That contagious smile.

"I hope w-we can be friends Tom, I really do." she softly said.
"Me too." I replied.

A/n
I have no clue how colleges work so please dont kill me..k ily, bye!