18- Don't let her go

Y/n's P.O.V

The music went on and we continued making out until I broke the kiss so that I wouldn't pass out.
I sighed, looking at Tom and then at the room full of people.

Oh boy.

Tom's P.O.V

I glanced at Y/n as she broke the kiss. We had just made out in front of our families. This wasn't good.

"I'm gonna get some wine." mum said, getting up from the couch and walking towards the bar.
"Um, I'll go and help Nikki." said Y/n's mum.
I looked at Mr Y/l/n. He didn't look furious. Or happy. Or anything, really. He had a blank expression on his face. Same with my dad.
"That was a wonderful performance." Sofia said awkwardly.
"Performance, as in the snogging right?" I heard Sam mumble.
"Shut up Sam." Sof mumbled back.
I looked at Y/n. Both of us were still standing on the 'stage'.

This was too awkward to handle.

"I,uh, I have to pee." Y/n said and ran upstairs. I followed her.

"Hey wait up." I said, softly.
"What?" she asked, turning around.
"Aren't we going to talk about what just happened there?" I said.
"What's there to talk about, Tom. We kissed. We shouldn't have but we did."
"Y/n, we can be together, nobody is holding us back. So what's the issue?"
"The issue is that you are a superstar and you have a whole career while I'm just a high school student. We both know the chances of us doing long distance and actually surviving are low. I just don't want either of us to get hurt, Tom."
"And you think that torturing ourselves by making out and then deciding to just stay friends doesn't hurt? That hurts more than anything else. And besides, if you never wanted a relationship, why did you fall in love with me in the first place?" I said, trying to control it.
"I didn't know I was falling in love with you. I just thought it was a harmless crush. It was never meant to last so long." Y/n sighed, "Let's talk later, I really gotta pee."
I chuckled.Only Y/n could make such a joke during serious discussions.

I went downstairs and saw everyone that was sitting. Just sitting.

"Hey, everything okay?" I asked, trying to break the ice.
"You just snogged Y/n in front of us. So how about..no?" Sam said.
"Tom, can I talk to you for a moment. Outside?" mum said, keeping down her wine glass and walking towards the back door.
I nodded and followed her.

"What's the deal with you and Y/n?" Mum asked as we strolled in the backyard.
"Nothing." I replied.
"No, Tom, it's not nothing. You guys kissed at Sofia's birthday party and again today. There must be something going on."
"She says we should just stay friends." I said, looking down.
"What about her meltdown at the party?" she asked.
"I told you all the details Mum."
"Tommy, let me give you some advice. Don't let her go. She cares about your life, your career more than herself and what she wants. That is something you don't get these days. Fight for her if you really love her. Okay? I know you'll figure it out." she said, patting on my shoulder and pulling me in for a small hug.

"Don't worry. I'll figure it out." I told her with a small smile.
"Looks like you'll get a chance to do that right now." she said, looking at the door, where Y/n was standing.
"You got this." Mum said and went back into the house.