11- We're sorry

I played with Tom's curls while he cupped my cheeks and kissed me harder.

Well fuck.

-----------------------------

I broke the kiss, gasping for air. Tom and I looked around. The music had stopped, nobody was dancing. All eyes were on us.
"Uh, um, nothing to see here. C'mon everyone, dinner will be served in a few minutes." Nikki broke the silence.

Everyone started walking towards the dining room. Everyone except us and Sof.

"I know I said that I ship you two but I do not appreciate my best friend and my brother making out on the dance floor at my birthday party." Sofia scoffed, walking towards us.
"I- it wasn't planned, Sofi." Tom said.
"Nobody plans to kiss someone, Tom!" Sofia whisper-yelled.
"Guys, guys, don't fight. It was an accident. It wasn't supposed to happen. I'm sorry Sof. We're sorry." I apologized.
"Look guys, I don't care if you guys kiss or do stuff but doing it at my birthday party, in front of so many people, not cool." Sofia said, shaking her head.
"We know that Sofia. And it won't happen again. We'll just act like nothing happened." Tom tried to reassure her.
"We might try to do that but the others won't buy it. They've seen all that they needed to. The mess has been made. There's no undoing it." Sofia said.
"I'll be surprised if articles regarding this aren't out by tomorrow morning." Tom said, looking at me.
I let out a long sigh.

Sofia looked down. She seemed disappointed. I would be too if I were in her place.
"I'll..I'll give you guys some space to sort this out." she said.

"So?" I asked Tom as Sof went into the dining room.
The banquet was now silent. No music was being played. Nobody except Tom and I were there.

"So?" Tom repeated.
"What happens now?" I asked a bit sternly.
"Nothing. We just clear the rumours." Tom paused,"Y/n, I don't regret the kiss. At all. But you know how everyone tracks everything I do. Its just- its just complicated." he sighed.
"And you think I dont know that?" You think I dont know how the media and paparazzi track every step you take? I know it. ALL OF IT! AND YET I DECIDED TO KISS YOU, I DECIDED TO DO IT IN FRONT OF ALL THESE PEOPLE AND IF I GET THE CHANCE, I'LL DO IT AGAIN. BECAUSE FRANKLY, I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE THINK. BUT IF IT DAMAGES YOUR CAREER, YOUR LIFE, I WON'T DO ANYTHING. I'LL BACK OFF. I WILL DO ANYTHING FOR YOU TOM, TO PROTECT YOU BECAUSE THAT IS HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU!" I yelled.

Fuck. Shit. And that's how I die.

I heard footsteps. Some people from the dining room were now standing near the door. Filming the whole thing.

I closed my eyes in order to calm myself.
"Y-you l-love me?" I heard Tom mumble.
I didn't answer. I could still see people staring at us.
As tears streamed down my face, I ran out of the hall.