36- Wired

Y/n's P.O.V

I packed my bag and grabbed my phone and keys before heading to class. It'd been a week since classes had started and so far everything was going pretty well. I submitted my music demos and we were supposed to discuss them in class today. Apart from that, I got a job as a barista at a coffee shop, just so that I wouldn't go completely broke.

New York had been pretty great. The busy streets, tall buildings, fancy shops and literally everything was perfect. My roommate, Ashley was great. We'd been exploring the city together and she was very amiable. She was from London as well and an acting major, so we got along pretty well.

"I'll meet you at the coffee shop later 'kay?" she asked before I head out.
"Sure thing! Bye!"
"Bye!"

I walked across the campus and ran up the stairs to the 3rd floor, where the freshmen music major classes were held.
I opened the door which had a metal engraving that read 'Lyrics and Composition'.

"Good morning class. Hope you all had a nice weekend." Mr. Mendoza greeted us, "I listened to the demos and I have to say some of you have done quite well considering its your first time creating a song from scratch. So we'll just go over them and see what can be done to get better."

"Ugh today was hectic." I said to Sofia over the phone.
"Aw poor you. Today wasn't so bad for me actually. Just had to do a group project and hand in some assignments."
"Lucky you. I have a shift from 4 to 8 and then more homework." I groaned.
"You'll be fine. Oops I have to go, the group's here, we're gonna give some finishing touches to the project."
"Alright, I'll talk to you later." 
"Sure thing, bye!"
"Bye!"
I looked around the cafeteria. It was crowded because almost all the students had finished school for the day and were now getting on with their lives. Most of the heads were buried in books and notebooks, a few others talking and getting food. I was done with all my classes and was currently working on some math. Even though music was my major, I had chosen extras like math and psychology. Neither of the subjects were too hard and I actually enjoyed doing them.

After spending 30 more minutes on math, I packed up my things and went back to my dorm to keep them away and then head to work. The coffee shop, Wired, was 10 minutes away from campus. So I walked there, the slightly cold, yet pleasant air brushing against my skin. 

"Hey Gary!" I called out to the manager.
"Hey there Y/n! We're packed today." he shook his head.
"I gotcha." I put on my apron and stood behind the counter, scribbling down orders, serving them and occasionally taking over the coffee maker.
"Enjoy your drink." I smiled to the old lady when I heard the small bell above the door jingle, indicating that someone had entered the coffee shop. I turned my head and to my genuine and utter surprise it was none other than the boy I was once in love with, maybe still in love with. 
My ex-boyfriend, now 'friend'.
Tom.

Tom's P.O.V

~A week ago~

I got out of the shower and heard my phone ring. It was my agent, Curtis. I quickly accepted the call and as I suspected, it was about a new project. The producers of this new movie wanted me to play the protagonist and they were going to have a meeting in New York to discuss the details. I absolutely loved the concept of the film, which was summarized by Curtis and before I knew it, I was booking a plane ticket to New York. Of course I knew that if I went to New York I would have to catch up with Y/n, who I hadn't texted in a month or so. I mean, it was helping with my 'moving on' process but Harrison whole-heartedly disagreed. According to him, he'd never seen me be so in denial about anything else ever before. But I was obviously not in denial.
Anyway, a new film meant that I'd have something more to think about other than stupid, rubbish things. 

~Present Day~

I walked out of the building with a huge grin on my face. I texted Mum and Harrison, letting them know that the meeting went perfectly. I pushed through the crowd and a group of girls approached me. I clicked a few selfies with them and noticed a coffee shop at the end of the street. I decided to treat myself and after saying goodbye to the ladies, I made my way towards the café. 

The place was packed with customers which made me believe that the food was good. I opened the door and heard a bell jingle above my head. I was welcomed by the strong smell of coffee brewing and a lively chatter.
"Enjoy your drink." I heard a familiar voice say, before the girl looked at the door. 
It was no one other than Y/n.

A/n
Sorry for the slow updates. It's been like crazy town because i got my finals coming up. Updates this month will be a bit irregular, so sorry about that. And dont come at me for my shitty representation of college..im trying my best. And one last thing, 700 reads- thank you guys so freaking much. It means so much to me ♡