CHAPTER 1

The day was as normal as it could be except along with waves of bhagirathi there is a child flowing in a basket. Usually in such circumstances the child ought to cry but if anyone could see the child he was just enjoying the ride. The child wasn't ordinary nor did he belong to the Era. Yes the child was keenly aware of where he is, how and why? From the moment he opened his eyes he became aware of everything because the child remembered his previous life which was supposedly 5000 years later. When he opened his eyes he could see a teenage girl in a dress who looked like the performer used to perform ancient drama but he knew it wasn't drama playing because he was surprisingly in her arms as a baby which was bewilderment in itself. He believed in reincarnation but wasn't a soul supposed to forget his previous memory yet he retained everything. He keenly looked at her and surroundings, the girl was wealthy of course her ornaments told him such but why was he in the river bank. Then he heard her crying asking for an apology in Sanskrit to him. The scene was eerily similar to something that thrilled and scared him at the same time he immediately touched his ears and his eyes widened in recollection and recognition. He knows what's going to happen now but he was calm, very calm because one he can't do anything and second the girl in front of him was someone he hates passionately from the bottom of his heart.

He of course understood where he was or in which era where he was and who he was? He was in Dwaparyug and reborn as his favourite character suryaputra Karna, an unfortunate man whom everyone took advantage throughout and now it was one of that moment when his birth mother, the Princess of kuntibhoja and would be queen of Hastinapur, mother of the infamous Pandavas and sole proprietor and reason for biggest war in history is going to flow him in river because madam has in her curiosity evoked the boon of Rishi Durvasa, many in his time considered her as pious figure, a helpless widow and great mother of Pandavas but he has different opinion, the lady front of him is one of most cunning and powerful political figure in Aryavart. A lot could be stopped by her but she didn't do it. It's not that she doesn't have good qualities but as Karna fan to him, her faults were very glaring. Destiny did a cruel joke or most humourless prank with him. He became Karna. Not that he was complaining instead was positively thrilled and as a matter of fact he would love her to abandon him because he can meet one who truly raised Karna. Ones whose name Karna wore as a badge of honour throughout his life.

He was then put to basket and Kunti prayed to almighty to protect him, harsh Sun Rays fell at the shore and his kavach emerged, he understands it was anger and helplessness of his celestial father Suryadev, he just looked at him unbothered because he can, perk of being Suryaputra. It is not that he didn't blame Suryadev because he did help the enemy of his sons several times but knew he was just and impartial. It was the reason he was prayed by every being be it human, asur, rakshas etc and his quality was automatically passed down to his own son as he was part of him. Along with it he also provided kavacha and kundala made of amrit to his son. “Karna” himself was the most mysterious and controversial character of Mahabharata but he himself couldn't help but love the guy. His direct gaze calmed down Suryadev.

He then started his journey thinking of his previous life and life ahead, in his previous life he was a normal human being with a moderate background. He belongs to a scholar family hence his grandparents took care of most of his childhood as his father and mother were busy. His father was a researcher of ancient texts while mother was a Sanskrit professor, courtesy to them he was quite good at the language and finally felt its benefit. His grandparents were very well educated too which was very difficult as his country was struggling for independence then. Even so his grandfather was a proud freedom fighter and grandmother was a housewife though equally literate. He was brought up in between books till he was five, there was notion at that time that keeping mahabharata at home could lead to dispute but such stereotypes and superstition were not followed in his home from his childhood his grandmother read Ramayan, Ramcharitmanas,bhagwad Geeta, Mahabharata, veda, puran etc now it couldn't be guaranteed to be authentic as it was thousand and thousands years ago incident but one could learn from whatever remained and improve himself. His grandfather did yoga Asana and meditation and always made sure he accompanied him while performing that. So yes he had a very happy and fulfilling childhood. When he grew up a little more for physical exercise, outer circular activity and self defence he was enrolled in various camps like music, painting, dancing but his most favourite was kalaripayattu no he wasn't from a southern Indian ancestry but it was job of their parents that led him to spend his most of life there. He had good education in schools, college and even had a master's degree in business management. He entered the field of business and built a good business empire but in between he lost his grandparents and parents, they died natural death. He never did marry because simply he wasn't interested or never found anyone he could feel was his soulmate so after having a fulfilling life he succumbed to death peacefully in his sleep at age of 91. He has no complaints he had a good life, great family, happy childhood, great education, successful life and peaceful death. What's more one could ask.

But he was now in a predicament, he was Karna now, the unsung hero and flawed good man as history seems to remember. His favourite timepass to read fanfic of Mahabharata and its spinoff regarding the story of Karna, what if he was never cursed, what if his truth come out, what if some girl from kalyug came to help him etc etc but now he had chance to change everything and it made him giddy but first he has to let go his previous birth name that was Bhaskar chakutervedi and accept himself as Karna. As not doing it could make him go insane or would let people think him so. He  had to accept he was Karna and Karna was him and had to decide, how the story of this Karna would proceed?

Thinking everything did take time and he was feeling hungry but it was embarrassing to cry for a 91 year old. All he could do was control or distract himself so he did what he usually does japa of his one and only aradhya adhiyogi Mahadev. He simply closed his eyes and in his mind started chants of “Om Namah Shivay”. It is because of this he loves him and considers him one and only because there is no fixed way for his Pooja. One needs devotion and devotion only wherever one is or what you are doing doesn't matter to him. Drops of river Ganga immediately started splashing on him and his thirst was parched which made his eyes open. Oh! How could he forget it was an era where gods appear in front of their devotees to bless them. Mere thought of seeing Mahadev from his own eyes were something that filled him happiness and anticipation so he continued doing so, forgetting everything he mentally chanted the Mantra and his journey continued from kuntibhoja to wherever water of Ganga takes him hopefully it will be Hastinapur that will conclude the journey.

Except when sleeping because though a demigod he was still a baby and he needed his sleep, he keeps chanting in hopes to see one whose appearance he imagined several times in his previous life. Nothing out of ordinary happened after all, who or what, could harm surrendered himself to bholenath? That too in river Ganga whose origin was in his jata. The journey continued and as he knew about Mahabharat, he reached Hastinapur and was found by Adhiratha and Radha the suta couple. They brought him to their home where Radha herself fed him her milk thinking of his hunger, though very embarrassing but he was a baby and what she was supposed to do. They named him Vasusen.