Chapter 13

Everyone saw Vasusen coming out of the river with Bheem on his back; they were already wailing. It's only been a prahar but everyone seems to have gone wrong. Mahamahim and Kulguru had left to fetch Dronacharya and The sabha was going on when Sama (a kauravas) came running into the court and cryingly he informed them what happened. He told them Bheem was very tired today and slept but didn't know why he rolled in his sleep and fell into the river. The elders were terrified especially when Kunti shrieked the name of Bheem. They dismissed the Sabha and everyone came to the riverside. Children seeing them ran to them and they were already crying, especially Pandavas. Who came to their mother, Yudhishthir started first telling how he failed as elder brother and what happened again. Vidhur has believed after hearing from Yudhishthir because he can't seem to let go of his thoughts on Kauravas no matter what happened. They told them how Yudhishthir and other Pandavas were going to jump too but were stopped by Kauravas and then Vasusen came and dived into the river. Proclaiming everything would be fine as Bheem is a demigod and he would be protected by his celestial father. Everyone was very worried after so long neither of them came out but they could do nothing but to wait. The time was very hard for them to endure but it did end and both were there, Bheem was unconscious though. They ran up to them.

Everyone: Bheem!!!

Kauravas: Bharata Bheem, Bharata Vasusen.

Karna smiled at them, he knew the eight years of bond he had with Kauravas was much longer and much deeper than anyone else. He did bond with Pandavas but not that much, maybe he had subconsciously formed the barrier himself but he wasn't partial to Kauravas. It's just Kauravas genuinely respected him while for Pandavas he couldn't say the same, they did respect him but there is a wall between them.

For others Bheem may be important but Kauravas were worried for him too. He came out of the river and layed Bheem on ground. Everyone surrounded him,

Dhritarashtra: Vasusen, is Bheem alright?

Karna: He is alright, Maharaja. He is just sleeping now.

Vidhur: How is he sleeping now? First he was asleep before falling don't tell he was asleep under water too. What happened down there?

Karna: Prince Bheem was found by the Naga clan and he was rescued by them. The chief of the clan was the great-grandfather of Maharani kunti, Nag chief Aryaka. When I arrived there after knowing why I was there he handed him over to me and we both returned to the surface.

He didn't lie but didn't explain everything that had happened. He tried to be truthful like “Karna”.

Everyone breathed a sigh of relief, Kunti and Pandavas too. Everyone was glad everything was good. 

Gandhari: Why did it take so long for both of you to come on the surface, Putra Vasusen?

Karna: Maharani, you could ask prince Bheem that, nag chief handed him to me and I came to the surface.

Karna didn't want to say what happened because it wasn't something he should disclose. Others thought he simply didn't know but Vidhur could perfectly understand what he was saying. He just kept quiet. But at the moment Bheem seems to woken up, Kunti immediately hugged him,

Kunti: Mera Putra Bheem.

Bheem too embraced her, he knew how worried she would be. He understands what his family would have gone through. Karna on other hand just looked at her with indifference because he knew Kunti's love for her five children was unparalleled.

Bheem: Mata, everything is fine Mata. I am not harmed, instead it was blessings.

Kunti: What blessings could it be to fall into the river.