Chapter 4

Under the guidance of sodies Karna reached Sahodar bhavan. It was a huge building and inside there were a lot of things like scroll, toys and various other gaming supplies, music instruments, platforms and all things one could think of as entertainment. In that bhavan there were children playing there, upon seeing two people enter they stopped and looked at them with scrutiny as they disturbed their precious time. Soldiers were commonly seen but this young man or adult they never saw and they were sure of it because they wouldn't forget someone with his looks.

Suryodhana : Why are you here as a soldier and who are you?

Karna : I am Vasusen, I am appointed as your new caretaker.

Suryodhana : What?

Soldier: Prince, Mahamahim has assigned him as your caretaker.

Suryodhana : We don't need a caretaker.

His siblings agreed with him and shouted in union in protest. Soldier was awkward but Karna knew of the possibility of such an occurrence. So he made a sad face.

Karna : Rajkumaron, rajkumari give me a chance . If you say this , then I would lose my job. Please, it's my first day at work.

Hearing him the Kauravas looked at him, they were children and seeing him sad they didn't know what to do? They looked at their Jyeshta who himself wasn't sure because if he reject him like this only then Pitamah will get more angry at them and he didn't want that but an idea strike in his mind this person has asked for chance and they were more than hundred no way he could satisfy everyone

Suryodhana: You yourself have asked for a chance . If you can't satisfy us, you have to leave yourself. I will talk to Pitashree and they will arrange another job for you.

Karna : Okay, I promise you if I fail to impress you I would leave not only this job but the palace itself and you will not see me again.

Everyone was shocked by his words, even the soldier. He knew how hard it would be to handle the son and daughter of the King; till now no one could keep the job for more than five days. Five days was a record set by a very stubborn dasi but in the end she left the palace, maybe Hastinapur. Suyodhana nodded thinking how he will make this person leave today itself. He motioned the soldier to go away.

Duryodhana: Tell us something about yourself.

Karna : I am Vasusen, son of the former Charioteer of Mahamahim Bhisma. I am 12 years old this year

Suyodhana : You are 12 years old and a suta.

Karna : Yes, you have a problem with that prince.

Duryodhana: No that's not what I meant, I mean you don't look like Suta and definitely not 12 years old.

His brother : Yes you look much older and definitely like a prince.

Karna : I assure you I am telling the truth and I never lie.

Duryodhana: All this doesn't matter if you don't impress us. Let me warn you it will be very tough as we each will test you individually.

Karna laughed at the big boy attitude of five year old Suyodhana and laughed at him. He saw his other siblings and was very much agreeing with him, even the princess but there is a boy away from them who can be easily recognised by him as the son of maid and the King, Yuyutsu. Which shows Suryodhana let him here but still there is a difference. As he knew Yuyutsu always favoured Pandavas and worked as Spy and during war he changed sides. Suryodhana was very sad as well as angry at him for that.

Karna : So what will be my first test?

Suryodhana : First let me introduce ourselves to you. I am eldest Suyodhana, then this is my first anuj Susasan, then Vikarna, jalagandha, sama, saha, vindha…virajas and this is my sister sushala. That is our brother Yuyutsu.