Chapter 35

Few months passed Karna again became busy in his duties as King. In these few months he visited Hastinapur a few times and got along with Bhanumati but his equation was different with her. She became his friend and it was amusing for Suyodhana. He still could see the resentment of elders towards him but didn't give two hoots about it. He was on tit for tat basis for them. They somewhat have learnt their lesson and called him Magadh Naresh now and he replied accordingly but never they bhid that his presence was unwelcome his response was what can they do about it. There is nothing more pleasurable than to dee entitled ones gritting their teeth in helplessness.

His parents were nagging him to get married and till now he dodged that bullet saying he would when he finds someone. To his dismay his new friends had joined the fray and he couldn't get away from this talk even in Hastinapur. Bhanumati wasn't alone, even Dushala and Mata Gandhari joined the mission of making him embarrassed. After Bhanumati heard what he told Radha maa, she had taken on herself to find a bride for him after Suyodhana told her how many women follow him for Surya Pooja. What could he say about Suyodhana, a so -called warrior who just stayed away from helping him to avoid the anger of his wife. Other Kauravas were not far behind in teasing the hell out of him and if wasn't lucky Ashwathama joined in too. He enjoyed the fond moments with them but couldn't spend much time because of his duties.

Today sabha was going on, he could happily say that Magadh was slowly taking shape as he envisioned. Several courts like the panchayat in villages, little Sabha in town were there to handle all the cases and only the most pressing issues came to the Sabha. It doesn't mean Karna has neglected them, no there were officials carefully selected in that group and not only that he spared several spies to monitor everything and report daily. He with his group of confidant Sahdeva and several like minded people go through the reports daily. He wouldn't have corruption take root in his kingdom. The reconstruction was done. Public schools, lectures and self defence classes were taking place regularly. He especially invited learned saints to come for public lectures. Not everyone came but few did. He knew he was trying to change a rigid and stagnated society.

The sabha was going to end but a soldier came to announce a messenger from southern panchal came, Karna sighed of course he wasn't unaware of the birth of Agnisut and agnisuta. Both of them were about one year and it's time for the most controversial swayamvar of Dwaparyug to happen. There was so much speculation about what happened there, the wording that was documented was confusing and there were several folklores. “Karna” himself was part of several of these stories, whether he participated or not, insulted by Draupadi on the basis of his caste or not. Whatever may or may not be the case but first he has to let the messenger come to the court.

The messenger came inside and bowed in front of everyone. Karna gave him permission to speak and thus he opened the scroll and read whatever was written in it. The scroll was basically describing the beauty of Panchal kumari truthfully he feels this to be a little disturbing. He told the messenger to skip this and come to the main point as he didn't think it was right to objectify a woman as a prize so that the kingdom could gain a strong alliance through her suitors. He knew Panchal Naresh Druoad was a power hungry individual who wanted nothing but status through any means. He was asked to participate in swayamvar as an Archery contest would be held as Maharaj Drupad wanted a great archer as his son in law. Karna's fame through his archery was well established in Aryavart but he really didn't want to go but the Sabha member encouraged and advised him to go as they have yet to have any alliance with southern panchal and despite losing half of kingdom Panchal was a powerful kingdom and alliance with the immediate neighbour of Magadh would be beneficial. Reluctantly he agreed to go but his main motive was to see Avatar of lord Vishnu that birthed in Dwaparyug. Till now he has never met the infamous Dwarkadhish and he will definitely be present there.

Days passed and the day of swayamvar of Panchal Princess arrived. Karna left Magadh with his chariot to reach Kampilya. He was welcomed there and was escorted to the swayamvar hall. His seat was arranged beside Suyodhana may be to show their closeness or maybe there are other motives. He didn't care much and was happy to see Suyodhana there. He came to him and Suyodhana has already clarified he came here prefuntunarily too as Yuvraj of Hastinapur. In no way he has any interest in the so -called most beautiful women of Aryavart. Ashwathama was also there three of them sat and chatted among themselves. Their talk was disturbed by a sudden voice. Karna looked at the direction of voice and his motive to arrive here was complete.

There was a dark skinned male with the same asta ratni body as his. He wore yellow dhoti and angavastram with all jewels and peacock feather on his crown, he has saccharine smiled on his face and hand folded in greetings,

Krishna: Pranipat Bharata Suyodhana.

Suyodhana didn't know why but he never got along with the younger brother of his teacher. It wasn't that he hated him but to say he liked him would be a stretch. They were acquaintances who were distantly related. He replied the greetings,

Suyodhana: Kalyan ho, Bharata Krishna.

Krishna smiled and greeted Ashwathama and then he turned towards Karna. Both of them were looking at each other. Krishna greeted the suryaputra,

Krishna: Pranipat Magadh Naresh.

Karna: Pranipat Dwarkadhish.

They both politely greeted each other, Krishna was looking at the person who has made some changes and now with the change of little things a major change could happen but it would be known to him only after he free from shackles of being mortal shackles and turn into his vishwa swaroop. He knew of his unknown cousin but wasn't aware the cousin knew the truth. Karna was also looking at Krishna with a calculative gaze. His powers are as mysterious as he is but one thing for sure he doesn't know about him otherwise he wouldn't have stalled their meeting till now. He respects Krishna because he is an avatar but personally he didn't have much devotion instead a lot of questions.

Krishna: Under your rule Magadh has changed a lot Magadh naresh. It has become the centre of change in society. I am very impressed by your kingship.

Karna: I am grateful for your praise, Dwarkadhish but I think everyone knows the change in Aryavart started through Dwarka and you. I am merely trying to bring society as it was supposed to be.

Krishna: Truth but changes and challenges have become synonyms now.

Karna: Who doesn't like some challenges in their life, Dwarkadhish.

Krishna was surprised till now he hadn't met a person that he couldn't confuse with the web of his words but he felt for the first time he met an adversary. He smiled enchantingly.

Krishna: You are an interesting individual, Magadh Naresh.

Karna: Same could be said about you, Dwarkadhish.

Their talk was very cryptic, Suyodhana wasn't paying any attention. He is used to having his mama and Bharata speaking in such a way and he knows Krishna wasn't any less. Krishna went from there and everyone was asked to sit for swayamvar to begin.

DIFFERENT SURYAPUTRA जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें