Chapter 16

Next day Karna came for his surya pooja, the news of his return has yet not been disclosed it seems or People thought he changed because none were there for getting any alms. Karna then returned to his home. He did his usual routine till breakfast with his family and along with them he went to kridangan where the kala pradarshan was supposed to take place. He sat along with his parents where his community people were. The stadium soon filled and even the royals arrived. He saw them and they looked a little older now, white hairs were showing up on them. Only Bhishma and kulguru were the same as before. He saw a young lady in royal clothes and immediately guessed who Dushala was.. Bhishma took upon himself to address the crowd and then he began with welcome and purpose of gathering, taking a little time he welcomed the Guru of Kauravas and Pandavas, Dronacharya.

Dronacharya came to the arena with the sound of drum rolling. First time ever Karna saw the infamous character who he had very little respect for because of his biases and partiality but there is respect because he was a great warrior sage who was an amazing warrior himself. People assume he is students of Bhagwan Parshuram but he wasn't truly, he just got his Divyastra in alms maybe some knowledge too but whether it was complete that was questionable before but after asking his teacher he did confirm of giving him Divyastra but not his bhargavastra and some other Astra. So partially yes he was his teacher for bestowing him that but the true teachers of Dronacharya were saint Bhardwaj and saint Angiras. But still he was a man with great knowledge and extraordinary caliber.

Dronacharya came to center of field and addressed the crowd, first he assured the crowd of fulfilling all his responsibility as teacher for princes of Kuruvansh. Then he called upon his son to demonstrate what all the princes would do. Ashwatthama came with a warrior's walk. He was a fairly tall man with slightly dusky skill but his mani in the forehead increased his charms. Karna looked at another pitiful character in Mahabharata. He saw how gracefully he performed with all the weapons but with bow and swords he was truly magnificent. He performed for a while for the crowd. Karna could see why he would be a formidable warrior in the future even after just finishing his education he was very impressive. He ended his performance and went to stand behind his father.

Dronacharya then called upon the names of his students. Karna saw everything with scrutiny and was happy that everyone was able unlike Mahabharata where Kauravas brother fell like flies barring few. None were too exceptional but quite good and would be better in upcoming years. They were decent and adept in weapons. Then Nakul came and showed his prowess with swords, then Sahdev came was also master of sword but both are adept in other weapons too. Like this the performance went on but three people were left then Suyodhana came and enchanted the crowd with skills in every weapon being most excellent in mace. After him Bheem came to arenas with his mace only, his each strike shook the area indicating the strength he had. Then came Arjun, upon announcing his name there is a proud expression on the face of Dronacharya while Karna saw there is change in expression of Kauravas, Ashwatthama and Duryodhana. Pandavas have their heads held high in pride. He frowned because up until now everything was smooth, he could see respect among Kauravas and Pandavas but why did everything differ with the arrival of Arjun.

Arjun came into the arena with only a bow in his hands and quiver on his back, he started showcasing the most brilliant performance up to now. Karna could see why there was so much hype for Madhya Pandavas even in Kalyug. With a bow in his hands he seemed like an uncontrollable storm which could destroy any hurdle, his arrows were like heavy rain pouring from heaven and had destructive power in them but it didn't harm anyone. He enchanted everyone there even Karna was impressed he was a truly formidable Archer for someone who just came out of gurukul. He nodded repeatedly at him. His performance ended but now Dronacharya with his head high and chest puffed came up to him, Arjun went to touch his feet,

Dronacharya: Kalyan ho, Putra Arjun. You have proven the success of my teaching. I Bhardwaj Putra Drona now announce my student as best Archer in bhulok, I challenge anyone to prove me wrong.

Karna heard his arrogant proclamation and saw the sourness of Kauravas and Ashwatthama even more, he could not understand what caused this but suddenly it struk to him Eklavya. He understood everything suddenly, Ashwatthama, Duryodhana and others didn't hate Arjun but the partiality Dronacharya has towards him. He has two options first to jump in the arena and the other to ignore everything. He chose to do first because doing second could have a lot of negative impact. He immediately stood up, raised his hands and Vijaya bow and quiver appeared in his both hands. Without delaying a moment he immediately plucked the string of his bow raising it towards the sky. A cloud shattering loud noise and flashes like lightning appeared in the arena which attracted the attention of everyone.

Everyone was startled by sudden twang, it attracted the attention towards it, everyone saw a tall young man with huge bow raised towards the sky has done the deed his strings. The royals too looked and with one look they immediately recognised Karna, there were different emotions playing on everyone's face. Bhishma gawked as he saw a familiar figure with a familiar bow and it scared him, other royals saw him too, Dhritarashtra was updated by Vidhur and many frowned because they weren't happy except Dhritarashtra who was happy with interruption. Dushala suddenly chirped seeing her Vasusen Bharata. She couldn't help but yell his name. Gandhari was happy hearing the name who always respected her and made her children close to her.

In the field, Kauravas and Pandavas too saw him, Kauravas were beaming with happiness seeing their Bhrata Vasusen, Pandavas were glad to see him but frowned by the interruption. They didn't like how he was disrespecting everyone here. Arjun himself was frowning. Pandavas respected him and especially how he saved Bheem. Dronacharya was very angry with man dare to do this, before he could yell Suyodhana voice come “Bharata Vasusen”. Ashwatthama looked at the man, he had heard a lot about him but never did anyone mention he was trained in the art of warfare but looking at him it was different.

Karna jumped from his seat towards the arena, with more grace and ease he performed every feat of Arjun. Everyone looked at him with astonishment and surprise. His beauty was enough to attract the attention but his feats were exemplary. With extraordinary looks and beautiful bow which produces beautiful but terrifying sound and flashes of light. With each release he enchanted everyone, every eyes were on him but different expressions on their faces. The royals were frowning looking at him even Pandavas were feeling angry because they thought him mocking Arjun. Yudhishthir, though impressed, wasn't happy that a Suta picked up sastra. Bheem was angry, so was Nakul. Sahdev was quietly watching. Arjun felt he was humiliating him deliberately.

There were different audiences who were happy, Kauravas were very happy seeing one who they considered as brother, especially seeing his valor they were mesmerized. Through the years they thought they wouldn't find an archer like Arjun, the beloved student of their own teacher for which he did injustice to an innocent boy. They couldn't forget Eklavya, the Nishad prince who came to Dronacharya but was rejected but he wasn't dejected. He learned from his statue and became better than Arjun. It caused Arjun to have a fever because of his inferiority complex. Instead of making Arjun understand, he went and asked the thumb of Eklavya. Suyodhana and Ashwatthama were there when it happened they confronted Dronacharya who gave a flimsy reason that he belonged to magadh but they knew that was definitely wasn't the main reason. Then they understood the partiality of Dronacharya; he did everything to make Arjun the best archer in the world and for that he was ready to do anything, even ignoring his own son. Suyodhana was very happy with his Bharata as always like the sun made the darkness of his doubt disappear. Meanwhile Ashwatthama beside him was also impressed by Archery talent of the now known Bharata Vasusen of Duryodhana.

With divine bow in his hands Karna did every feat of Arjun with perfection and even grandeur scale. After performing it he stopped and bowed to the crowd, they cheered for him and it was the largest cheer till now. Vasusen was already very famous 10years ago due to his helping and generous nature. His reputation didn't decrease; those he helped were still grateful to lad.

Karna: Pranipat Dronacharya, I am sorry for my interruption but it was you who challenged every archer and being one, I couldn't stop myself. If these feats were only credibility required for being the best Archer then I am sorry I disagree with you.

Dronacharya: Who are you?

Karna: I am Radhey Vasusen.