Chapter 30

The atmosphere of the sabha of Hastinapur was very volatile. Karna easily sat on his throne but after identifying his enemies here, he would definitely sit idle. If politics is what they want then he will give them that. He was smiling but the trio was gritting their teeth. They knew they lost their momentum just now, Vidhur especially was too agitated but he calmed himself. He was here with purpose and he didn't think the addition of Vasusen would be much of a hassle after all he had planned everything carefully to even face Gandhar Raj. The sabha resumed after everything happened.

Vidhur: While I am happy with your arrival Magadh Naresh but your sudden appearance is not upto code of conduct.

Karna: Maharaj, Are you unhappy with my arrival?

Dhritarashtra: No, quite opposite I am elated by your presence, Magadh Naresh.

Karna: Then I don't under your Mahamantri. Mahamantri, a mere servant of the throne speaks like this in your presence and your court after we have already talked; it shows his lofty ambition not loyalty.

He emphasized the word servant, Kauravas were trying to hide their smile in coughs even Shakuni was pressing his lips so that a smile didn't appear. Vidhur understood the implications and his face was ugly his fists were clenched. He knew he had to swallow his anger. But his face was unsightly now.

Dhritarashtra: Vidhur is no doubt a loyal person, Maharaj but I concur he crossed a line. Vidhur, Apologise to Magadh Naresh.

Now nothing was more humiliating for Vidhur than this but he has to do it. He wasn't Bheem who didn't understand anything. Even after being insulted he had to do this.

Vidhur: I apologise, Magadh Naresh.

Karna: Hmmm.....

The amount of anger Vidhur was feeling was immense but he reigned it, Karna raised his eyebrows truly a difficult political advisory. But he already knew that so he was enjoying the show. This was just trailer for what to come,

Vidhur: I apologise to sabha as well, we were discussing important matters. As I was saying, the princes have completed their gurudakshina so now only the declaration of yuvraj is left.

Vidhur stopped, he wanted to see if Suyodhana would lose his cool but was disappointed when he saw looking at him with a calm face and sharp gaze. Pandavas on the other groaned which wasn't unnoticed by anyone. In these days, Bheem has tried to make Suyodhana understand but Suyodhana was adamant hearing his side, Pandavas were not happy the relationship between Suyodhana and Bheem too took a hit.

Vidhur: I think there is no need to prolong this matter. We should declare yuvraj, Maharaj.

Shakuni: Mahamantri, you seem to forget about what my nephew spoke before the war of Panchal. Surely the time in between is not so long for you to forget about it or do you perhaps have laps in your memory.

Vidhur: Gandhar Raj, You are our guest. You have no right to speak in between matters of Hastinapur.

Vidhur was saying this to Shakuni but intelligent people there can guess who he was truly saying these words. Shakuni didn't say anything but Suyodhana stood up,

Suyodhana: But I can, mahamantri. I object to Bharata Yudhishthir to be crown prince before a valid examination of all 107 princes was done.

Vidhur: 107???

Suyodhana: Yes, is there a problem?

Vidhur: But yuyutsu is khatta.

Suyodhana and Kauravas were angered, yuyutsu had his head bowed down.

Suyodhana: So he is the son of Maharaj so he has the same right as everyone else. If we weren't born or kakishree didn't get children from dev then he would be the only option. I am sorry to say but If the son of Yamraj could be crown prince because kakashree pandu accepted them as his children then why not the son of Maharaj himself, Mahamantri. Unlike you, he didn't boen out of niyog from s revered sage.