Chapter 3

Lin SuCi had turned into his cat form as soon as he settled down. Before he could figure out how to change it back, he became hungry.

Since he just arrived, he could only go to his newly appointed “Official Poop-Shoveller” for this kind of problem.

Yan BoShen obviously lacked the self-consciousness of a cat keeper. Lin SuCi did not find any items that was slightly relevant to his basic needs. Having no choice, he could only try to support his own survival.

Cardinal Sect was not very big. Lin SuCi found his way from the cave on the hillside all the way down to the foot of the mountain. The noon sunlight was flooding the earth — it was just around lunch time, when people were starting fires to cook and smoke was coming out of their chimneys.

Speaking of smoke…

Lin SuCi was crouching outside the fence with his head raised. He had been in that position for so long that even his neck was starting to get sore. All he saw was the cold, dry low wall of the mud hut, without a sign of a smoking chimney nor the aroma of food cooking.

“Tch.”

Lin SuCi looked left and right. Nobody was around. It happened that the nearest thing to him was a small kitchen with fences on three sides. Without saying another word, he slipped in, rubbed his paws and was prepared to show his skill.

The kitchen looked very humble, and it was indeed very humble. Especially when Lin SuCi climbed onto the kitchen stove, he was literally shocked at the iron pot covered in spider webs.

Were all the people in Cardinal Sect fairies who lived on dew?

But he was not!

Lin SuCi rubbed his paws excitedly. It seemed like he would be the savior for everyone’s stomachs!

Quite some time had passed.

A deafening sound shook the entire valley.

Alarmed by the loud noise, Yan BoShen strode over.

The kitchen was charred and filled with smoke.

He looked around, and saw the black kitten which was curled up on the blackened wooden frame.

Lin SuCi’s eyes squinted uncontrollably into a line, his green irises now the only bright color in this burnt-black kitchen. They were watery and rippling, laced with a tinge of lifelessness from the shock, making him look extremely innocent.

With a single glance, Yan BoShen already understood what had happened. Even someone like him couldn’t help asking, “Do you specialize in blowing up kitchens?”

Lin SuCi tilted his head, his big eyes looking all ignorant and confused,, “Meow?”

Yan BoShen: “…”

He had clearly watched so many gourmet food programs before, why was it that when he did it, it was so different?

Lin SuCi slipped off the shelf and looked at the mess, his heart slightly empty.

“I didn’t mean to do that either. I was so hungry…” Lin SuCi sniffled and looked around. The meowling tone was quite charming. “You said you would take good care of me, but you didn’t give me anything to eat, so I was forced to cook by myself.”

“I’m a little kitten. I don’t know how to do anything. I cannot help but make mistakes.” Lin SuCi deliberately put on a chagrined look.

Yan BoShen took a deep look at him, but did not want to answer.

At this time, there was a rush of footsteps outside. Lin SuCi looked towards the sound. A young man with a sullen face saw the mess in the kitchen, an expression of forbearance appeared on his face, and a vein pulsed on his forehead.