Chapter 52

The biggest event in Tiansheng City in recent years had attracted the attention of countless people.

From the city lord’s mansion to the martial arts platform built in Tiansheng Square, both sides of the main road were densely packed with people. Many cultivators climbed on the roof, and even stepped on flying swords, hovering in the low altitude waiting to see the excitement.

The patrol team of the city had already initiated great measures for the protection around the square. All those who entered the arena were only filled with people who had great fame and extraordinary backgrounds.

Lin Suci went in with the large troops from the city lord’s mansion. Under the black covers that looked like a tent, there were a lot of stools. The cultivators invited by the city’s administrations sat down in pairs and trios, and stood apart from the other martial sect sheds surrounding the circle of the martial arts stage.

Lin Suci held a sword in his arms. It was a black sword sent by the city lord. At the moment, he raised his head, looked around, then bowed his head and rubbed the sword faintly. He spoke telepathically, “… Boshen, do you think they have a rule that stops the match when they think one party is winning?”

Lin Suci, who was less than two years old, was very worried about himself. No matter how talented he was, most of the people there were leading disciples of various sects, and he had to make sure he had the perfect plan as well.

“Whether they have, or not, I am always here.” Yan Boshen reassured him.

Lin Suci’s was shocked mentally. Indeed, his owner was sitting there looking at him. Was it even possible for someone to get past Yan Boshen and hurt him?

The little kitten immediately got rid of his worries as his whole body emitted an aura of confidence. He had no hesitations and he felt that it was time for everyone to know his name that day.

“Mr. Ye.”

The maid from the city lord’s mansion came with a tray in hand, “Please pick a number.”

Right there, Lin Suci, who was still using the domineering name of Ye Xingchen, randomly grabbed a wood board. He flipped it to see that it was the number twenty-seven.

The maid continued to hand out the numbered boards to others.

He was the twenty-seventh. Among the thirty cultivators who participated in the martial arts fight, he was considered one of the last.

Lin Suci flipped through the board casually, and tucked it into his sleeve.

In the east of the martial arts platform, a row of seats were set up. There were nine tables and chairs on top. In the middle, sat Chi Haina, the lord of Tiansheng City, while on the left and right were the representatives elected from the thirty-six sects.

Chi Haina, who was sitting high in the main seat, moved his foldable fan, and his eyes fell on the dark shed of the city lord’s mansion. Rows of cultivators had been recuperating in the city lord’s mansion long ago, and they were waiting for the moment to show their efforts. Holding weapons one by one, they maintained a passionate emotion. They glared into the distance as they walked with great dignity.

In the face of the blazing sun, an old cultivator with a long beard babbled with his high-pitched voice. Focusing on the rules from the beginning till the end, he repeated it three to five times. When he finally retreated, the big drums placed on the side of the martial arts platform banged.