Chapter 19

Zhongli Haiming’s heart skipped a beat, staring at him warily. “What do you want to do?”

“I don’t want to do anything.” Lin SuCi tugged at Zhongli Haiming’s sleeve and walked back, whispering, “I just want to join in the fun. We might even be able to make new friends.”

Zhongli Haiming still felt it was not right. He looked at the seemingly innocent Lin SuCi, feeling an apprehensive nervousness.

“You must remember what Eldest Senior…” Zhongli Haiming futilely mentioned Yan Boshen, attempting to make Lin SuCi think clearly.

Lin SuCi put on an extremely innocent expression, pressing Zhongli Haiming down to sit. He smiled, “Don’t worry, don’t worry, Eldest Senior definitely won’t find out.”

“He’s here!”

Lin SuCi grabbed onto Zhongli Haiming, stuffing him with a mouthful of milk cake and causing him to be unable to speak. Taking advantage of this opportunity, he quickly took a look at this world’s protagonist.

In the busy atrium, it was easy to distinguish everyone’s status. The youths dressed neatly and carrying swords, speaking loftily, were mostly the respected disciples who accompanied their elders here to build relationships. Behind these youths were others who were dressed simply, or had their heads lowered or just smiling along. Their ages might be similar, but their statuses were very different.

Through the crowd, Lin SuCi saw with a glance the person who was walking steadily behind that youth.

All Lin SuCi could see was the gloomy youth dressed in grey, his head bowed, his mouth downturned. He blinked at him as he approached.

The teenager following behind looked very thin, around the age of fourteen or fifteen. With his head lowered, his features could not be seen clearly. His clothes were very baggy, as though under them, only bones were left.

The teenager drew closer. Cupping his hands and bowing, he stood there silently.

Lin SuCi’s eyes were glued to the teenager, studying him up and down carefully.

The book had said that Bai Qingkong was at first a simple teenager, dedicating himself to improve only because of revenge, devoted to cultivation and seeking his enemies. Only after he came across some opportunities, did he move on from his original solitary orphan journey, drifting far away from his simple self. He had an extremely deceptive appearance, completely filled with wicked intentions. He was ruthless when it came to using people, but his pure and just appearance made people trust him. With his innocent and harmless looks, he had caused harm to many people.

At present, Lin SuCi thought that Bai Qingkong was still in his pitiful, helpless and miserable state. Despite lowering his head, pretending that he had submitted, his pursed mouth and clenched fists were all indications of his resistance and unbridled spirits to the others around him.

“You, go to the back of the mountain. There’s a pet beast there, go get me some of its fur, I need it.”

That teenager who seemed polite amidst the crowd became very arrogant towards Bai Qingkong.

Having been ordered, Bai Qingkong’s head was bowed. It seemed as though he was accustomed to such treatment, and he cupped his hands in agreement.

Dressed in grey clothes, Bai Qingkong, like all other miscellaneous disciples, he was inferior to those official disciples, and so could be commanded to do as they wished.

Lin SuCi saw that Bai Qingkong had already turned away to find the path, and so he tugged at Zhongli Haiming. Standing up again, he followed after.

“What exactly do you want to do?” Zhongli Haiming grabbed Lin SuCi’s sleeve, his face all wrinkled up. However, he was unable to stop Lin SuCi from walking. The two of them seemed calm, but in fact, under Lin SuCi’s burst of strength, they were quietly following behind Bai Qingkong.