Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Then he returned to the room and started reading.

It is indeed the same painting as the one I saw at the auction tonight, except for the signature.

There is no signature on Xie Zhilin's paintings.

Wen Wen felt a little surprised.

During the introduction at the auction, the host said that there was only one such painting in the world, and also introduced the name of the painter. If we go by what the host said, then one of the two paintings must be fake.

"Are Xie Zhilin's paintings fake?" Wen Wen was a little troubled.

"Will there be fakes in a family's home? Or is it because they are imitations?" No matter

how Wen Wen thought about millions of possibilities, she still couldn't find an answer.

Wen Wen frowned and looked at the painting. According to her current speculation, it was probably not authentic, but fortunately it looked very good.

Looking back around the room, Wen Wen was ready to hang the painting.

When he swept past the bay window, he suddenly stopped.

The burnt basket on one side was still placed on the mat, and the snow-white blanket cushioned the dusty and burnt basket, which looked a bit funny.

"Out of sight, out of mind." She hadn't contacted Xie Zhilin for a long time, and Wen Wen felt a little irritated, wondering if there was still a chance to contact him.

At this time, her heart was filled with confusion about the painting, and looking at the basket reminded her of her breakup with Xie Zhilin, which made her even more uncomfortable for a while.

Staring at the basket, holding the painting in his hand, he walked straight from the corner of the room to the bay window, and put the painting directly on the burnt basket with no expression on his face.

Wen Wen stood up and clapped her hands. Only the unburnt part of the basket could still be seen, while the other burnt part had been covered with paintings.

Although it was a cover-up, Wen Wen said she had no worries for the time being.

Before I could show a satisfied smile, I saw a pile of garbage appearing in the basket.

The smile that was about to leak out was forced back. Wen Wen's eyes widened in disbelief, with a puzzled expression on her face.

This is the first time I have seen someone delivering garbage in this basket.

Wen Wen carefully looked at the pile of garbage, including a few white balls of crumpled book paper, old-fashioned cosmetics boxes with a woman wearing a cheongsam on them, a few wavy long hair, and a few lumps of mud.

After seeing the contents of the basket clearly, Wen Wen was speechless. She really regarded this place as a garbage dump.

It seemed that these things did not come from Xie Zhilin, Dalin or He Jia. Wen Wen had an idea almost immediately.

"It seems that there is a new person on the other side of the basket."

"I just don't know what the medium is over there. Could it be a trash can?" Thinking of this possibility, she couldn't help but laugh a little. Isn't this just her.

While speculating to himself, he bent down and picked up the crumpled paper, avoiding the mud on the paper and unfolding it.

There was something written on the paper, but because it was crumpled into a ball, the paper still had many wrinkles, and the words were also crooked, making it difficult to see clearly.