Chapter 38

Chapter 38

But it will still be much better than a large vegetable patch. It is also very dry, but it has not cracked yet.

Maybe it's because some wastewater is inevitably thrown in occasionally, and there are also some burned ashes covering the surface in the kitchen.

Zhenzhen took advantage of the absence of adults and called her brother Lin Tian.

Lin Tian imitated the memory of his parents when they were farming. He dug a deep hole and poured some water into it sparingly. Then he put the sprouted potatoes in, covered it with soil and poured some water.

Later, Zhenzhen and Lin Tian visited it every day, and then the potato sprouts began to sprout out of the ground and were discovered by Dalin and Juan Niang.

After all, a touch of green is so conspicuous in the almost dry yellow ground that it's hard not to notice.

However, Juan Niang and Dalin looked at it for a long time and did not realize that this light green pole was something they had planted. After the leaves appeared, they still agreed that it was not a crop they recognized.

At this moment, Zhenzhen and Lin Tiancai said that this was the soil bump they planted.

After Dalin and Juan Niang knew about this, Xie Zhilin and Xie Yi arrived at Dalin's house within a few hours, and then they saw potato seedlings.

Xie Zhilin looked at the potato seedlings that were growing well in the ground, but knew in his heart that they would be mature only when their leaves withered and turned yellow. They should have been planted for a while now.

I asked Zhenzhen carefully, and she couldn't remember how long it took to plant it, but the leaves are there now, which is probably about the same time as mentioned in the video.

Moreover, Zhenzhen's planting method is even simpler than what was taught in the video. Now it can grow. Xie Zhilin suddenly felt happy. Maybe potatoes can adapt to most harsh environments.

Without asking any more questions, Xie Zhilin just specifically told the Dalin family before leaving that the potatoes are truly ripe only when the leaves turn yellow. Never eat the leaves and stems, otherwise they will be poisoned.

After the Dalin family heard that the leaves and stems of this thing called potato could not be easily eaten, their awe became even deeper.

Before Xie Zhilin continued his journey north, he deliberately told Sher, who was accompanying him, all the things he had learned about potato cultivation in the video. He also drew pictures for Sher based on the appearance of potatoes in different periods of time in his memory. He was told to keep an eye on Dalin's potatoes at all times.

In order to prevent Xie from not being interested, Xie Zhilin also specifically said that this might be something that could feed the people.

He left a lot of money for Xie Xie, and then let Xie Xie live in Dalin's house alone, and the group of them continued walking north.

Originally, the Dalin family planned to tell Wen Wen about the potato seedlings, but before they could write a letter, Xie Zhilin moved into their house and said that it was Xie Zhilin's wish to come specifically to help them plant potatoes.

Dalin and Juan Niang discussed it. Since Wen Wen said that Xie Zhilin was her friend, and now her friend said that she would help them plant potatoes, they would tell Wen Wen themselves what happened to the potatoes, and there would be no need for their family to add more potatoes. Trouble.

In the end, the Dalin family still didn't tell Wen Wen, and just followed Xieer to observe and plant potatoes.

It never rained during this period, and water became increasingly scarce.