Chapter 6

Chris's pov:

I woke up and nearly tumbled over when my phone buzzed loudly under my pillow. Taking the call,I answered in a relieved voice.

"Hello Danny. How's my little brother?"
"Morning bro, sorry to disturb you but I have something important to say. IM COMING TO GERMANY!"

My eardrums nearly exploded but ... "How come? Your vacations haven't started yet right?"

"Yeah but I'm coming as an exchange students. I'll be attending the university near your place. I can't wait but..." His voice trailed,"mom is still there right?"

Oh, she's still here. She has hijacked my house and God knows what she's gonna do to the interior decor.

"Haa, forget about it but I'm waiting for you when are you arriving ?"

"I'm coming by tomorrow's flight and don't worry I know you won't be able to come fetch me. Uncle John told Dana and I how you are working as a cook. Mom, I tell ya, she's gonna kill us all one day yet that's the reason we all love her." I heard the soft laughter in the background and I felt happy. God, did I love my younger siblings.

Danny was a lot more manlier now and he had always been the cool, popular type, in contrary with me being the "nerd". The good looks, I guess, we all passed in that with flying colours. Dana was just like Danny, smart, popular, funny. They were both tagged the "evil twins" or the " brother babies" because they liked to prank people except for me whom they are very attached to.

"Bye then, see you soon and safe flight."

" Bye bro!"

I put the phone back on the night drawer and went to shower. It feels really good to shower in your own house. Liam was out for a few days and I was told that I take a few days off. I returned home at night and Medusa was sleeping on the couch in my room and so I slowly slipped in my bed and fell asleep.

I was still bathing peacefully when the door flung open and my mom barged in!

"The heck mom! "I shouted before pulling the shower curtains.

" Chris! Baby, your brother is coming the day after!" She squealed... What the hell?

" He just told me mom..."

" Oh, I'm so happy. We need to go shopping right now so hurry!"

" I'll hurry if you freaking get out of here!" I retorted.

" Language young man!"

" If I haven't cursed you till now, it's because you're my mom but don't test my patience." I was surprised a bit because I did not think I would burst like this. Her face was drained of all the colours.

" Okay."

" I'm sorry..."

"I'm waiting outside."

I calmly and quickly bathed. I wrapped a towel around my waist and came out. I opened the closet, thinking what I would wear. I took a pair of skinny dark blue jeans and a loose red shirt. I raked my fingers in my hair and hurried out, taking my car keys.

My mom was waiting with a pouty face near the kitchen counter as I entered the kitchen. She was looking gorgeous with her simple make up which she did not need to put because with her pale skin, rosy cheeks and pink lips,no make up would do her justice. The white dress and the pretty chain she wore looked beautiful on her. I smiled at her. She's such a bay sometimes when she's not Medusa. No, actually, she's doing this act so that I feel guilty and apologise to her. I was looking for a piece of bread when a plate with a French toast appeared before me. I took it and stuffed myself with it and grabbed a glass of milk.

After fifteen minutes, I looked at her picking her bag.

" All okay?"
"Ya." She said locking the door.

We hopped in the car and she got besides me. The first ten minutes went by akwardly with a terrific silence.

" Sooo, what do want to buy for Danny, mom? You can spend a bit openly as we haven't bought him a good gift for his birthday yet."

She brightened at my words and looked at me like an excited puppy.

"Let's go to the mall then."

I turned right towards the mall. Oh gosh, if it wasn't for my little brother, I would not have stepped in this mall. Thankfully, malls with lots of expensive stuffs are not that crowdy.

" How about we get him some clothes? It's cold here compared to Australia and if he will not be able to go to university with those things clothes."

"Let's split so it's easier to search for a good thing."

If only I knew that I should have stayed with my mother...

I entered one of the Polo Ralph Lauren shop and contemplated the jackets. I knew my twins too well so it took me barely half an hour to select something for Danny and go to the next shop to buy something for Dana. My little sister and brother loved jewelries, so why not buy Dana a pendant or something?

I went it and a salesgirl hurried to greet me.

"What can I do for you ,sir?"

" I would like to see a few platinum pendants for a girl."

She smiled weirdly at me and bouncing her breasts,she lead me to a glass case. I glanced thoughtfully and pictures my little Dana with each pendant. The small dolphin with a blue pearl was too attractive so I decided to buy it.

" Is it for your girlfriend?" She asked me, not as politely as before, but in a more casual manner. Why can't people do their jobs seriously?

" My sister, and I want this one. Could you hurry with the bills?" I asked rudely.

" Yes." She sneered and went off.

After paying, I went to look for my mom as she told me she was in a men's shirt shop.

" Waa-" I was abruptly yanked by the arm as I was passing in front of the changing cabins. A solid, warm hand pressed against my mouth and those icy cold eyes looked at me. The closeness made me feel shivers. I could almost hear the beating of his heart and his hot breaths were hitting my bare skin. This was a deja vu. His super cold yet gentle and string hands that made me feel so safe, why? Why do I feel like this with a stranger? My heart was beating fast and I was feeling weird. His chain was noticable.

"Shh...What are you doing here?" he asked before removing his hands .

What should I tell him? Think. Think!

" Umm, I came here with a few friends to hang out." He gave me a confused look looking at all the bags in my hands," they are quiet rich?" I said, more like questioned.

The closeness between us decreased as he leaned back.

"Hang around a bit with me. I need to buy a gift."he said like he was ordering me around but I couldn't refute him so I nodded.

Next chap soon!